• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obsevation

Demo3

imported post

29th Street Mall
Here is something I noticed for the first time when I was out this past weekend. This was taken at the Macy's in Boulder. I do not OC very much but always CC. Needless to say I did not take my LCP back to the car.

I sent them an email asking... "I noticed a sign on all the doors at this store which reads "please while shopping...." I would like to know your companies handgun policy on open and concealed carry when the citizen is abiding federal, state and local laws. According to this notice I would be able to carry a long gun in the store as long as I was abiding by the laws.

Tried again with this email.
I have a question regarding a sign I saw at your Boulder Colorado Macy's store. Would you please clarify your hand gun and long gun policy. It would appear that I am allowed to carry my shotgun and rifle into this store but not my concealed handgun.
According to federal, state and local laws in Colorado, in Boulder County I am allowed to open carry and concealed carry unless posted. According to your posting I can not open carry or conceal carry a handgun but can carry a long gun.
Is this your legal policy?
Please send me your legal policy so that I may not break the law... I am a good citizen.

Got a reply saying that they are going to reply...

Also saw the same sign at the Macy's in Loveland this past weekend.

Here is there reply...

Mr. Patterson, our current policy is to defer to the law of the state where a store is located. Certain stores still have signs that may reflect a prior policy. We are in the process of addressing this inconsistency.

Corporate Communications

Macy's, Inc.

Looks like the signs will be coming down.

As of 6/17/2010 they are still up.

Well the signs are now gone at the Boulder and Loveland stores.

Last edited:

denwego

imported post

I remember that sign... the Macy's at the 29th Street Mall, correct? One of very few signs I remember ever having seen in Boulder, other than government buildings.

cscitney87

imported post

RockyMtnScotsman wrote:
"no handguns" eh?

fine, go in with your AK slung over your shoulder

...just to piss them off and watch their eyes get big
According to the media there are No handguns. Only Semi Automatics, Machine Guns, and Shotguns right? Or is everything a machine gun now a days? :shock: :lol:

ZackL

imported post

So glad I live in the Springs. Most stores down here actually seem pretty grateful that you're carrying while you're in there; especially if they have been robbed or are in a high crime area.

GlockFanatic943

imported post

Thats when we get a large group of people walk around with rifles, shotguns, AK's, AR's and never meet up, just everyone shops and minds their own business like nothing is going on. but no fun when the cops show up and hog tie everyone for hours until the cops learn that we are %100 legal.

MK

imported post

Normally, I am not a bigfan of OC'erscarrying long guns in public but that sign seems to just ask for it to happen.

The only thing that will come of it on Macy's part though is that they will change their sign to include all guns instead of just handguns. Still it would be pretty humorous to see a couple dozen people independantly shop at their store on the same day all carrying long guns.