• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA Convention Silent Protest

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
imported post

I am considering my own silent protest of the inability to carry while at the NRA convention in a few weeks. Thinking about wearing my Ruger T-shirt (tucked in), and an empty holster on my hip, along with an empty double mag pouch. I figure if a bunch of people were to do that it wouldn't go unnoticed. Good idea? Stupid idea? Sound off:

TheFreeman

imported post

I ended up deciding on just not going. Either you have to leave your gun at home, or you have to lock it in your car. Being in Charlotte, any thief will know that the NRA convention is in town and that many people out of state will have goods locked in their cars. A thief's dream. I emailed the NRA about my disappointment in their choice of venue. I thought the NRA was about increasing everyone's right to bear arms.

Anyways, I got some canned response back that I've seen several others get.