• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CPL/OC at 18 proposed bill.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
brianstone1985 wrote:
My 2 cents....probably not going to be well liked.

While I agree "Adults" should not have only partial rights given to them at 18. I also feel that many of my friends would not have had the right outlook towards the responsibility of owning a handgun when they were 18.

I cant say I would be for this... Yet I think it is wrong... Maybe move the legal age of becoming an adult to 21?

-B
A large percentage of muders are 18-19 year olds killing other 18-19 year olds and most get their guns illegally. I wouldn't see the problem of someone who wants to get an FBI background check and be fingerprinted being allowed to have a CPL.

Hear, hear! Somebody with common sense.

SVG, where are your letters huh?

amzbrady

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
sudden valley gunner wrote:
brianstone1985 wrote:
My 2 cents....probably not going to be well liked.

While I agree "Adults" should not have only partial rights given to them at 18. I also feel that many of my friends would not have had the right outlook towards the responsibility of owning a handgun when they were 18.

I cant say I would be for this... Yet I think it is wrong... Maybe move the legal age of becoming an adult to 21?

-B
A large percentage of muders are 18-19 year olds killing other 18-19 year olds and most get their guns illegally. I wouldn't see the problem of someone who wants to get an FBI background check and be fingerprinted being allowed to have a CPL.

Hear, hear! Somebody with common sense.

SVG, where are your letters huh?
good luck to you Poo.

Squeak

imported post

Life isn't fair; never has. The sooner you realize that, the better off you'll be. As for letter writing, attending rallies at Olympia, (2A, TEA party, AWB,etc.) , I haven't seen you around. Don't be asking for favors until you do your part to further the cause. Anything worth having takes sacrifice.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Just because you haven't seen me doesn't mean I was there. On AWB day I was on the same campus going from representative to representative with my bill and trying to find support. I did miss the 2A march just recently. As for letters and phone calls, done that, and will be planning on doing more. Now I just need support from others rather than just myself to show to representatives otherwise I will be dismissed like nothing.