• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Home invasions

Aaron1124

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
sudden valley gunner wrote:
My step father was a career criminal, believe me a truley "secure" home is very rare.
Old adage - locks only keep honest people honest.

Yata hey
True, but they'll make a LOT of noise on their way in. At least enough noise to either wake my dog up, which will wake me up, or wake me up from the noise itself.

Aaron1124

imported post

virgil47 wrote:
swatspyder wrote:
sudden valley gunner wrote:
My step father was a career criminal, believe me a truley "secure" home is very rare.
The Ultimate Lock

Pictures: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=134168&id=203552598023
I can open the ultimate lock in less than five minutes with very little to no noise. There are ways to open locked doors that employ standard or heavy duty locks that many do not consider.

The only way to really secure a door is by having dead bolts of three inches or more that extend not only into the wall but also into the top and bottom of the door jamb.
Even that doesn't do much good when these guys want to come in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcUfGYdAyGI

hw104_threelittlepigs.jpg

Son_of_Perdition

imported post

hw104_threelittlepigs.jpg

It is easy to keep Dumb and Dumber here out of even a card board box. All you need is a little persuasion. You could havefour of them and name'em Schlage, Master,Dead bolt, andBrinks.

Edit: Or nameitLoJack.If you want to leave him in the car when your at the mall.

Aaron1124

imported post

From Craig Pumphrey himself

"Yeah, we had a situation like this with our SWAT team, they could not bust this door in because they knew we were coming. They nailed the door shut with 16D nails, So I kicked the door three time and broke the door frame, jams and all completely in. The lock may be good but the door itself can only take so much."