Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video of me being Kicked Out of University Circle Starbucks in Cleveland for Open Carrying

Post imported post

It should be noted that this was a corporate owned restaurant and there was no sign on the door prohibiting open carry and starbucks corporate released a statement allowing open carry in their restaurants.

Their contact information is:

11302 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland - (216) 229-0749

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36_SYoI9-mw

Post imported post

so you got kicked out because there was a bank connected?
    Patrick Henry didn't say "Give me safety , or give me death". Liberty is what America is about.

Post imported post

No. The manager did not follow company policy.

Post imported post

O I see. Just write a letter to the manager and to the company to see if you can get it resolved.
    Patrick Henry didn't say "Give me safety , or give me death". Liberty is what America is about.

Post imported post

awesome video

Post imported post

rottman43055 wrote:
    awesome video
    No doubt,

what was your favorite part? The long term repetitive close ups of the inside of his hand, all the upside down stuff inside the store, the loud machines,the difficulty in hearing the manager or was it the first 5.5 of the7.5 minutes of video that could have been cut out yet was included but showed nothing worth watching?

I know in some ways its wrong of me to knock the video but for some reason I just help it on this one. It more than likely was the first 5.5 minutes that did it more than anything else. Seriously though, it would have been better to include just a couple clips of the walking out and could have used text to narrate what was actually happening and being said. It could have been cut down to a 45-60 second video as well.

Post imported post

If I cut it down then people would say I'm not telling the whole story or lying.

Post imported post

The Starbucks manager is intentionally lying about the bank issue. Write a letter to corporate about being kicked out of their establishment.
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

a starbucks kicked you out??

there is no possible way in h*ll that the manager does not know about the firearms policy with all the recent media attention starbucks has gotten.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Post imported post

MK wrote:
    rottman43055 wrote:
    awesome video
    No doubt,

what was your favorite part? The long term repetitive close ups of the inside of his hand, all the upside down stuff inside the store, the loud machines,the difficulty in hearing the manager or was it the first 5.5 of the7.5 minutes of video that could have been cut out yet was included but showed nothing worth watching?

I know in some ways its wrong of me to knock the video but for some reason I just help it on this one. It more than likely was the first 5.5 minutes that did it more than anything else. Seriously though, it would have been better to include just a couple clips of the walking out and could have used text to narrate what was actually happening and being said. It could have been cut down to a 45-60 second video as well.

my favorite part was fast-forwarding to the end.

but I do see your point FF, if you had edited the first 4-5 minutes off, then we would all think you were lying, cause NO ONE could get kicked out of Starbucks after last months media blitz of their corporate policy.

Post imported post

Amazing, people are discussing this without it turning into a cluster-cluck of arguing about video cameras.

:celebrate

Post imported post

So, no OC guns allowed because Starbucks connected to a Bank, eh.

Another dumb female @ minimum wage making up law?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I don't know the exact location of the OP, but it would seem that if this Starbucks is on university property, then he has to OC to be legal.

Post imported post

It's not actually a university, it's just one of those weird names they give to things cities spend too much money on: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_Circle

Post imported post

I say we all get together and go get a coffee from there.....what do ya say....lol

Post imported post

IxionDeece wrote:
    I say we all get together and go get a coffee from there.....what do ya say....lol
    I say it's a long way to go to get an overpriced coffee, lol.

Post imported post

Yeah I know....but it would be fun none the less....lol

Post imported post

I just saw on OFCC forum a starbucksmanager cleared it up & OC is good to go there.

Good job FF777

Post imported post

theqbn wrote:
    IxionDeece wrote:
    Dayton was a long way to drive, (2:50) for me, for a bowl of chilie. I did meet a lot of good people and I wouldn't mind a short drive (maybe a hour) just to go there and makethe point. What say you? Maybe a walk around town, or the block.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

FF 777 wrote:
    It should be noted that this was a corporate owned restaurant and there was no sign on the door prohibiting open carry and starbucks corporate released a statement allowing open carry in their restaurants.
    Um, you do know that Starbucks has a no video policy, and has another policy allowing gun carry if legal, right??

Seems to me you are bating this store (assuming you knew the above) - please do not cause problems for Starbucks - if people are noticing you and your gun, you are likley doing somthing wrong - carry discreetly, be discreet, blend in. That's the mission.

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    Um, you do know that Starbucks has a no video policy,
    Seems to me you are bating this store (assuming you knew the above) -
    I never heard of a "no video" policy, anybody else?

How do you bate a store by running your video in the palm of your hand. FF777 has never been known for good video. Its his cell phone. He could of been texting. I don't understand why so many people think hes out looking for trouble.

I've seen you (Mike) and John on video (TV). People say that about you 2 also. Just out looking for trouble...... I , for one, don't think you and John are looking for trouble any more than FF777 does. JMO

Post imported post

Someone had posted on OFCC forums that FF777 was having computer problems & can't post, buta manager talked to FF777 & said things where cleared up and OC is ok there now.

Sounds like a happy ending

Post imported post

JSlack7851 wrote:
    theqbn wrote:
    IxionDeece wrote:
    Dayton was a long way to drive, (2:50) for me, for a bowl of chilie. I did meet a lot of good people and I wouldn't mind a short drive (maybe a hour) just to go there and makeĀ*the point. What say you? Maybe a walk around town, or the block.
    Let me clarify... I would very happily drive up if Starbucks said "no, sorry, we won't do anything about it". Thankfully, they responded positively and that wasn't necessary.

Post imported post

On May 7th at 13:02 I received a call from the Regional Manager Dennis Hodson (216) 533-6932. He said he looked into the matter and said open carry is legal and as long as I'm following the law I can open carry into Starbucks. He also said he notified the manager at the University Circle Starbucks about their corporate policy. I will be open carrying there this weekend and will report back with my experiences.

Post imported post

Good job with the positive results from your encounter.

As far as a no-video policy, I don't know how you could have been expected to know that if there isn't a notice on the entrance. I can't see how someone can really be critical of you for that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast