• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Video of me being Kicked Out of University Circle Starbucks in Cleveland for Open Carrying

XDSTEEL

imported post

O I see. Just write a letter to the manager and to the company to see if you can get it resolved.

MK

imported post

rottman43055 wrote:
awesome video

No doubt,

what was your favorite part? The long term repetitive close ups of the inside of his hand, all the upside down stuff inside the store, the loud machines,the difficulty in hearing the manager or was it the first 5.5 of the7.5 minutes of video that could have been cut out yet was included but showed nothing worth watching?

I know in some ways its wrong of me to knock the video but for some reason I just help it on this one. It more than likely was the first 5.5 minutes that did it more than anything else. Seriously though, it would have been better to include just a couple clips of the walking out and could have used text to narrate what was actually happening and being said. It could have been cut down to a 45-60 second video as well.

lil_freak_66

imported post

a starbucks kicked you out??

there is no possible way in h*ll that the manager does not know about the firearms policy with all the recent media attention starbucks has gotten.

Slidell Jim

imported post

MK wrote:
rottman43055 wrote:
awesome video

No doubt,

what was your favorite part? The long term repetitive close ups of the inside of his hand, all the upside down stuff inside the store, the loud machines,the difficulty in hearing the manager or was it the first 5.5 of the7.5 minutes of video that could have been cut out yet was included but showed nothing worth watching?

I know in some ways its wrong of me to knock the video but for some reason I just help it on this one. It more than likely was the first 5.5 minutes that did it more than anything else. Seriously though, it would have been better to include just a couple clips of the walking out and could have used text to narrate what was actually happening and being said. It could have been cut down to a 45-60 second video as well.
my favorite part was fast-forwarding to the end. :)

but I do see your point FF, if you had edited the first 4-5 minutes off, then we would all think you were lying, cause NO ONE could get kicked out of Starbucks after last months media blitz of their corporate policy.

theqbn

imported post

Amazing, people are discussing this without it turning into a cluster-cluck of arguing about video cameras.:lol:

:celebrate

GWbiker

imported post

So, no OC guns allowed because Starbucks connected to a Bank, eh.

Another dumb female @ minimum wage making up law?:banghead:

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I don't know the exact location of the OP, but it would seem that if this Starbucks is on university property, then he has to OC to be legal.

rottman43055

imported post

I just saw on OFCC forum a starbucksmanager cleared it up & OC is good to go there.

Good job FF777

JSlack7851

imported post

theqbn wrote:
IxionDeece wrote:
I say we all get together and go get a coffee from there.....what do ya say....lol
I say it's a long way to go to get an overpriced coffee, lol.
Dayton was a long way to drive, (2:50) for me, for a bowl of chilie. I did meet a lot of good people and I wouldn't mind a short drive (maybe a hour) just to go there and makethe point. What say you? Maybe a walk around town, or the block.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

FF 777 wrote:
It should be noted that this was a corporate owned restaurant and there was no sign on the door prohibiting open carry and starbucks corporate released a statement allowing open carry in their restaurants.
Um, you do know that Starbucks has a no video policy, and has another policy allowing gun carry if legal, right??

Seems to me you are bating this store (assuming you knew the above) - please do not cause problems for Starbucks - if people are noticing you and your gun, you are likley doing somthing wrong - carry discreetly, be discreet, blend in. That's the mission.