• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Video of me being Kicked Out of University Circle Starbucks in Cleveland for Open Carrying

JSlack7851

imported post

Mike wrote:
Um, you do know that Starbucks has a no video policy,
Seems to me you are bating this store (assuming you knew the above) -

I never heard of a "no video" policy, anybody else?

How do you bate a store by running your video in the palm of your hand. FF777 has never been known for good video. Its his cell phone. He could of been texting. I don't understand why so many people think hes out looking for trouble.

I've seen you (Mike) and John on video (TV). People say that about you 2 also. Just out looking for trouble...... I , for one, don't think you and John are looking for trouble any more than FF777 does. JMO

rottman43055

imported post

Someone had posted on OFCC forums that FF777 was having computer problems & can't post, buta manager talked to FF777 & said things where cleared up and OC is ok there now.

Sounds like a happy ending

theqbn

imported post

JSlack7851 wrote:
theqbn wrote:
IxionDeece wrote:
I say we all get together and go get a coffee from there.....what do ya say....lol
I say it's a long way to go to get an overpriced coffee, lol.
Dayton was a long way to drive, (2:50) for me, for a bowl of chilie. I did meet a lot of good people and I wouldn't mind a short drive (maybe a hour) just to go there and make the point. What say you? Maybe a walk around town, or the block.
Let me clarify... I would very happily drive up if Starbucks said "no, sorry, we won't do anything about it". Thankfully, they responded positively and that wasn't necessary.

imported post

On May 7th at 13:02 I received a call from the Regional Manager Dennis Hodson (216) 533-6932. He said he looked into the matter and said open carry is legal and as long as I'm following the law I can open carry into Starbucks. He also said he notified the manager at the University Circle Starbucks about their corporate policy. I will be open carrying there this weekend and will report back with my experiences.

MK

imported post

Good job with the positive results from your encounter.

As far as a no-video policy, I don't know how you could have been expected to know that if there isn't a notice on the entrance. I can't see how someone can really be critical of you for that.

imported post

I am happy to say this was an open carry success story. An open carrier, his fiance, and I met up at Starbucks and had a few drinks with no comments from anyone. Then we took a stroll down coventry and browsed through about 5 different stores with no one saying anything. In both instances we were in heaviily populated areas. I think open carry is gaining acceptance is Ohio.