• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NO Weapons in Scotchman C-stores

Morh

Hubert (One-Slow County), North Carolina, USA
imported post

well after over 18 months of OC'ing in the local Scotchman near me(#139, hubert corner of hwy 24 and hwy 172) i was told i wouldn't be able to carry in the store anymore. Now the manager is not the problem she knows me by my name and im friends with several of the employees there,(this is the same store where i was harassed by the 2 undercover deputies), but their HQ had got a call about seeing people with guns in the store and the district manager informed the store manager that no guns where permitted in the store. She analogized to me and i told her she didn't need to its not her policy. and she gave me the # to HQ and the DM(who i spoke to today and the told me- "Absolutely under no circumstance do we allow anyone but law enforcement to bring any weapon into any Scotchman."
I told him i understood that policy, but that only law abiding citizens are going to follow it, not the people who want to rob you. He said he couldn't change corp policy for one person and i said im sorry but im not going to be able to do business with them anymore, and have a nice day. No Scotchman ive ever been into has any signage stating no firearms. just me calling isn't going to affect them but with Scotchman being across the Carolinas, i thought i should let you all call and let them know your opinions and if you would still shop at their stores.
Mr. Rogers #910-512-5625 (who i spoke with)
HQ #1-800-348-3430

Morh

Hubert (One-Slow County), North Carolina, USA
imported post

Heres some good news.

RE: sorry that i wont be able to continue patronage‏

Noll, Melissa (Melissa.Noll@VPStores.com)

Sent:
Tue 5/11/10 9:50 AM

Mr. ****,

Thank you for your email, I am writing to let you know you have been incorrectly informed about our policy as it relates to the legal carry of fire arms. We do not have a "corporate policy" that bans fire arms in Scotchman stores. Our policy is merely to comply with all local, State and Federal laws.

We truly appreciate your business and would like to invite you back to our stores. If you encounter any issues at the Hubert store, or any other Scotchman store, please contact me directly at 910-796-2451, so the matter can be properly addressed.

Thank you,

Melissa Noll

Executive Assistant

glock30

imported post

I received a similar email myself. I guess we can assume Mr. Rogers has been informed. It would be interesting to give him a call now and see what answer you get.

Mr. XXXXXXXXXX,
I am not sure where you received your information, but you have been incorrectly informed. We do not have a "corporate policy" that bans fire arms in Scotchman stores. Our policy is merely to comply with all local, State and Federal laws.

If someone at a Scotchman store has given you incorrect information, please contact me directly at 910-796-2451, so the matter can be addressed properly.

Thank you,
Melissa Noll
Executive Assistant

* I blanked my name just because I wanted to :)

NCjones

imported post

Don't shop there anyway. I was coming from the beach last year and stopped there to fill up. Got some gasoline on my hands and went in and asked to use the restroom and the old bat rudely told me they didn't have public restrooms for customers.

glock30

imported post

I don't really shop there either but I didn't tell them that. I wasn't lying when I said I wouldn't shop there. :)