• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MD Permit Question

Sig229

imported post

Oldlady3 wrote:
Dreamer.

Here Here!!!

The one permit I mentioned was for my best friends neighbor that was attacked,had police backing, and still didn't get one. I've run across this so many times I can't even count them.

This is true and is what happened to me.
I had the assistant states attorney for AACO and two FBI field agents who wrote me letters of support for when I applied for my MD CHL and the nazi like MDSP STILL denied me!
When that happened, I immediately started making plans to move to Colorado. In two months, I had moved out of Maryland and was living the freedom of CO.

F- Maryland and the horrible government thats its ruled by. Maryland could slide into the Atlantic ocean for all I care and take 99% of the residents with it. That would be a glorious day.

This weekend when I have time, I will make a thread to tell me MD CHL story.

virginiatuck

imported post

Walt_Kowalski wrote:
And this is why I don't travel to, nor purchase and goods or services from any businesses in the or from the state of Maryland.
A boycott helps, but unless you trace every product or service you purchase, and their components, all the way to its source, Maryland will probably end up with some of your money anyway; especially given your proximity to it.

Baltimore is a major U.S. port; http://www.msa.md.gov/msa/mdmanual/01glance/html/port.html
Chief Exports: coal, corn, soybeans, lignite, coal coke, petroleum, and fuel oils. Chief Imports: automobiles and small trucks, iron ore, petroleum products, gypsum, sugar, cement, bauxite, salt, crude mineral substances, fertilizer and fertilizer materials, and ferroalloys. Baltimore also continues to grow as a major distributor of imported wood pulp and paper.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0108223.html
"The Bay produces more seafood—oysters, crabs, clams, fin fish—than any comparable body of water. Important agricultural products are greenhouse and nursery products, chickens, dairy products, eggs, and soybeans. Stone, coal, sand, gravel, cement, and clay are the chief mineral products."

http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/us/A0859516.html
Although the fishing industry is declining, the catch of fish and shellfish, chiefly from Chesapeake Bay, yielded an income of over $67 million in 1998, and the state's annual catch of crabs is the largest in the nation. The coastal marshes abound in wildfowl. Stone, coal, and iron, mined chiefly in the west of Maryland, are much less significant than in the 19th cent.
Leading manufactures include electrical and electronic machinery, primary metals, food products, missiles, transportation equipment, and chemicals. Shipping (Baltimore is a major U.S. port), tourism (especially along Chesapeake Bay), biotechnology and information technology, and printing and publishing are also big industries. Service industries, finance, insurance, and real estate are all important. Many Marylanders work for the federal government, either in offices in Maryland or in neighboring Washington, D.C.
Although manufacturing well exceeds agriculture as a source of income, Maryland's farms yield various greenhouse items, corn, hay, tobacco, soybeans, and other crops. Income from livestock (especially broiler chickens) and livestock products, especially dairy goods, is almost twice that from crops. Maryland is also famous for breeding horses.

I hope this information helps you increase the scope of your boycott. It also helps to let Maryland know that you're doing it and why. Have you written to their legislators and let them know?

Dreamer

imported post

I think that ANY person who values the Constitution, Human rights, and Liberty in general should take a clue from the New Hampshire "Free State" movement, except do the opposite. New Hampshire has some pretty good laws across the board (or, to be more accurate, a conspicuous LACK of intrusive, oppressive, unconstitutional laws), and so these "Free Staters" have been moving TO New Hampshire to set up a sort of "Liberty Enclave", and live their lives in peace and freedom.

Perhaps the law-abiding people still left in MD should do the opposite thing, and vote with their feet. Just all move, en mass, to VA, PA, and DE. Obviously, the system is so utterly corrupt and the majority of the "citizens" of MD are so brainwashed that the polls are no longer a viable instrument for change. So why not hit these despotic fascists in the only place they have any feeling--in their wallets?

Move to a bordering state. Don't give the People's Republic of Maryland another penny of your property or income tax. Don't buy your groceries, meals, gasoline, or clothing in MD anymore--no more sales tax. The law-abiding people of MD need to step up. The government there openly declared economic and political war on it's subjects nearly 30 years ago. It's time to meet that call in kind. A Massive financial exodus of taxpayers would be a message that they might actually listen to in MD. A couple hundred houses for sale with signs in the yard that said "For Sale By Owner--Moving to a Free State" would get a lot of media coverage, and might just send a message to these criminals in Annapolis and Pikesville that the People are on to their scam, and are unwilling to participate any longer.

Just a thought. A "Reverse Free State" movement might be the only thing they would understand. And once all the hard-working, tax-paying, law-abiding citizens start to flee, the folks in Annapolis might realize that all they'll be left with are social programs leaches, illegals, criminals, thugs, and drug dealers. Then how will they pay for all the entitlement programs? MD without a steady stream of tax income would very quickly spiral into something that would resemble certain neighborhoods in DC in the 1990's.

I don't mean nothing, I'm just sayin... ;)

Jared

imported post

mrjam2jab wrote:
Dreamer wrote:
And I'm not asserting that this statute doesn't exist. I know it does. In fact, here is the complete text:

http://law.justia.com/maryland/codes/gcr/4-209.html

But what I'm saying is that in MD the actual LETTER of the state statute have absolutely no bearing on the way that localities pass, implement, and enforce laws in their own little serfdoms.

And the MD AG seems perfectly willing to give these little sub-tyrannies a pass when they flagrantly violate State law by passing local ordinances.

There's "letter of the law", and then there's "in practice". MD is a "may issue" state for CC permits by the letter of the law. But in practice, MD is for all intents and purposes, "No Issue", or more accurately, "WWW Issue"... (White, Wealthy, or Well-connected)

Same goes for State Preemption. Many of the municipalities in MD have their own laws prohibiting OC, or prohibiting "public display of a firearm", or purchasing ammo for a gun you don't own. These laws are clearly in violation, but not only does the AG look the other way, but the AG's office actively helps prosecute cases and the MSP actively helps enforce these illegal laws.

Complicity with an illegal law is, in and of itself, a criminal act.

Someone needs to start building a RICO case against MoCo, PG Co, HoCo, Baltimore, and Annapolis.

MD government is a criminal enterprise.

You changed this?

According to the "letter of the law"...MD really is Shall Issue...

Public Safety Article, §5-306

§ 5-306. (a) Subject to subsection (b) of this section, the Secretary shall issue a permit within a reasonable time to a person who the Secretary finds:

Similar to RI...it is Shall Issue requiring "Statement of Need"...

This is NOT similar to RI. In RI the word "need" does not show up in the shall-issue statute. The phrase "proper reason" does and the state Supreme Court set the threshold low on the shall-issue statute, since the allow "gun collector" as a proper reason.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Long ago... I discovered a permanent cure for Maryland. It's called 'Arizona'.

There are far too many mouthbreathin' Dembot neocom zombies in MD to ever change the place. MD is lost.Get out... Escape!