• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

V.P. Brady Campaign to speak in Seattle

redboneshadow

imported post

May 13th at 7:30 P.M.
Town Hall-Seattle
1119 8th Ave.

V.P. Brady Center Dennis Henigan speaking on gun control and gun myths
$5.00 at the door. 6:30 P.M. for advanced seating.

Open questions by public after speaker gets done speaking.

Mike--C2A

amzbrady

imported post

redboneshadow wrote:
May 13th at 7:30 P.M.
Town Hall-Seattle
1119 8th Ave.

V.P. Brady Center Dennis Henigan speaking on gun control and gun myths
$5.00 at the door. 6:30 P.M. for advanced seating.

Open questions by public after speaker gets done speaking.

Mike--C2A

OOOOH OOOOH OOOOH OOH OOOH

Mr Henigan, Mr Henigan I have a questions's's's's's's'....

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

killchain wrote:
We should all open carry to the speaking event.
CC then once seated and settled then OC. Discreetly, so nobody notices. That way, when they do, you can say...gasp was anybody shot???

killchain

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
killchain wrote:
CC then once seated and settled then OC. Discreetly, so nobody notices. That way, when they do, you can say...gasp was anybody shot???
Isn't the Town hall a city-run building? If it is, there isn't any reason why we all couldn't.

I live over on the East Side of the state so I'm not too familiar with that area.

I'd make the roadtrip for that. :p

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I'd really hate to pay 5 bucks to their cause though it would be fun, to hand out pamphlets and my essay on the myth of "guns and children". Hehe.

dj_fatstyles

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
I'd really hate to pay 5 bucks to their cause though it would be fun, to hand out pamphlets and my essay on the myth of "guns and children". Hehe.
id would pay $5 to do that. hahahahahahahahaha

amzbrady

imported post

I wish I was professional looking and thinking enough and full of facts, I would attend (al the while staying very calm, and not getting into heated yelling matches) and rebute their fictional facts.

We need a professional debate team with proven, printed, facts showing their origination. Bet the Brady's cant show where they get their facts.

Jayd1981

imported post

killchain wrote:
Poosharker wrote:
killchain wrote:
Isn't the Town hall a city-run building? If it is, there isn't any reason why we all couldn't.

I live over on the East Side of the state so I'm not too familiar with that area.

I'd make the roadtrip for that. :p
I'm in Richland also if you want to carpool.

redboneshadow

imported post

Further Info:

Thursday, May 13, 2010, 7:30–9pmDownstairs at Town Hall; enter on Seneca Street.Dennis Henigan believes America’s gun-control debate has been reduced to bumper sticker slogans like “Guns don’t kill people; people kill people.” The author of Lethal Logic and a vice president at the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, Henigan analyzes the gun-lobby’s reductive “reasoning”, dismantling the messages that have impeded progress toward sensible solutions to gun violence. Presented by the Town Hall Center for Civic Life, with Elliott Bay BookCompany. Series media sponsorship provided by Publicola. Series supported by The Boeing Company Charitable Trust, the RealNetworks Foundation and the Otto Haas Charitable Trust.

Tickets are $5 at www.brownpapertickets.com or 800/838-3006, and at the door beginning at 6:30 pm. Town Hall members receive priority seating. Late seating not guaranteed.

Mike Cheney--C2A

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Makes me glad I don't use any Realnetworks products... that aside, I have to LOL at the Brady Bunch lecturing on "gun myths" when they start most of them...

The Seattle Town Hall is a private organization that makes it's building available for speakers, lectures and the like. They can ban guns on their property if they wish.

amzbrady

imported post

I didnt know you could rent a town hall and charge people for a private event, isnt it a public citybuilding? I thought thats what convention centers are supposed to be for.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

amzbrady wrote:
I didnt know you could rent a town hall and charge people for a private event, isnt it a public citybuilding? I thought thats what convention centers are supposed to be for.
City renting to a third party (Cherry v PNWSA) might apply here

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

amzbrady wrote:
I didnt know you could rent a town hall and charge people for a private event, isnt it a public city building? I thought thats what convention centers are supposed to be for.

It's a private group that owns a private building. A town hall is not a city hall. It's a name. Marketing really, to promote the idea of it being an old school forum for meeting and discussing issues.

Mech

imported post

I can think of a much better use of my $5.00...
like going to a WA state gun show! :)