• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

V.P. Brady Campaign to speak in Seattle

jsanchez

imported post

Redboneshadow, I just bought my ticket for this event, it was $5.99, I was ticket purchaser number 11 out of a capacity of 150, so the ticket seller said. Hopefully we will be able to fill the place with pro gun people and ask good questions to have a good debate about this issue. If we expose thier lies in a polite and friendly manner maybe they won't come back and we can have a positive effect on some anti-gun people, but I'm not holding my breath. I have some idea's for this event but I have to think about them some more. They are along the lines of looking at Mr. Henigans recent post on his blog to get a feeling about what his stradegy might be and then have some facts available to counter. JS

amzbrady

imported post

jsanchez wrote:
Redboneshadow, I just bought my ticket for this event, it was $5.99, I was ticket purchaser number 11 out of a capacity of 150, so the ticket seller said. Hopefully we will be able to fill the place with pro gun people and ask good questions to have a good debate about this issue. If we expose thier lies in a polite and friendly manner maybe they won't come back and we can have a positive effect on some anti-gun people, but I'm not holding my breath. I have some idea's for this event but I have to think about them some more. They are along the lines of looking at Mr. Henigans recent post on his blog to get a feeling about what his stradegy might be and then have some facts available to counter. JS

Thats a very good idea, Hopefully everyone has their thoughts together to avoid the Ummm, ahhh, ummm's like Ralph falicy does. This would be a good one for Peterson to go to. After seeing the video from the 2A meet at the Oly park, I have to have respect for someone that is that full of facts and able to quote them right off the top of his head. Actually if all of you that were there and spoke could do a repeat of your speaches, you could bury them in real facts.

n16ht5

imported post

Alright, who's going??? I'll buy a ticket for sure if I know a good group is going to go..

CC in.. OC out? we need a plan to outwit this guy. give me a PM so we can organize

Chris

amzbrady

imported post

n16ht5 wrote:
Alright, who's going??? I'll buy a ticket for sure if I know a good group is going to go..

CC in.. OC out? we need a plan to outwit this guy. give me a PM so we can organize

Chris
You should see if you can get Dave Hedrick to go.

jsanchez

imported post

I'm going. I tried to find a copy of his book, Lethal Logic, I think it came out in 2008, none of the book stores had it new of used, retailed for $30 but Amazon had used for $14, but a week to get. I reada little of a review, and I get the feeling he's criticizing the bumper sticker messages and folky sayings about guns. I'm going to try and research some more. I printed out my ticket for Thursday and am going to go by and find out about their gun policies. When I was there a week ago for an event didn't see any signs, and I conceal led carried. I'll post pics of hall and parking options.I am interested in listening to this guy and coming up with something on the fly. It would be good to point out that this state has one of the lowest crime rates and no gun laws, unlike states like Illinois, and California.At the Starbucksnews conference they said 400 people were hurtby guns in this state last year, but they didn't say there are 6 million people in this state.. It wouldbegood to counter with the other statesstats. I'll try an find out more about him. I will be taking notes and maybe video of the lecture. Theyvideo and show these lectures on theSeattle channel butthey pick and choose what best serves politicalneeds. I have to do some more thinking on this.

amzbrady

imported post

jsanchez wrote:
I'm going. I tried to find a copy of his book, Lethal Logic, I think it came out in 2008, none of the book stores had it new of used, retailed for $30 but Amazon had used for $14, but a week to get. I reada little of a review, and I get the feeling he's criticizing the bumper sticker messages and folky sayings about guns. I'm going to try and research some more. I printed out my ticket for Thursday and am going to go by and find out about their gun policies. When I was there a week ago for an event didn't see any signs, and I conceal led carried. I'll post pics of hall and parking options.I am interested in listening to this guy and coming up with something on the fly. It would be good to point out that this state has one of the lowest crime rates and no gun laws, unlike states like Illinois, and California.At the Starbucksnews conference they said 400 people were hurtby guns in this state last year, but they didn't say there are 6 million people in this state.. It wouldbegood to counter with the other statesstats. I'll try an find out more about him. I will be taking notes and maybe video of the lecture. Theyvideo and show these lectures on theSeattle channel butthey pick and choose what best serves politicalneeds. I have to do some more thinking on this.
Jsanchez, read from the beginning of the thread. Carrying has been discussed.

And for god sakes, dont call ahead to see if its ok to carry to an anti gun meeting.

edtd for spelling

amzbrady

imported post

Heres something to ask them about...

Americans Oppose and Feel Unsafe with Open Carry
Women Strongest in Opposing Guns in PublicA majority of Americans oppose people carrying loaded guns openly in public. More feel unsafe than feel safer - and a third feel much less safe with that knowledge, according to a poll conducted for the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence by respected polling firm Lake Research Partners.
http://www.bradycampaign.org/xshare/bcam/legislation/open_carry/polling-overview-slides.ppt

I think this poll was more realistic, http://apps.facebook.com/opinionpolls/index.php?pid=1271716670

Phssthpok

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Heres something to ask them about...

Americans Oppose and Feel Unsafe with Open Carry
Women Strongest in Opposing Guns in PublicA majority of Americans oppose people carrying loaded guns openly in public. More feel unsafe than feel safer - and a third feel much less safe with that knowledge, according to a poll conducted for the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence by respected polling firm Lake Research Partners.
http://www.bradycampaign.org/xshare/bcam/legislation/open_carry/polling-overview-slides.ppt

I think this poll was more realistic, http://apps.facebook.com/opinionpolls/index.php?pid=1271716670

How to get the answer you want.

Phssthpok

imported post

Upload the photos to photo-bucket (or similar photo hosting site)

Right click/Copy the URL for the photo from the photo-site

Click on the little page icon with the three colored dots above the text window on the 'post reply' page.

Right click/paste the url in the text bok.

Click OK.

Done.

jsanchez

imported post

There is so much to tell. First of all I show up and there's a line out the front door of the place. So I'm thinking full house. Turns out some lady author that wrote a really cool vampire book is speaking in the main auditorium, so they send me around back to the basement. I go in and the place is a ghost town, and this is like a half hour before its suppose to begin. So there's this lady selling Dennis Herigans book Lethal Logic for the full price of $32 dollars. I talk to her for a few minutes about how I couldn't find it around town and how Amazon had it for half price but it wouldn't get here before the meeting. So I go sit down and start talking to this lady who's sitting near me. I recognized her for the women at the Starbucks press conference at Pikes Market. She told me her husband was good friend with that Federal Prosecutor that got assassinated at his home for something work related. It seems that the heart of the anti-gun movement around here are friend of this prosecutor, they are dedicated, smart, but SOFT. I took some pictures but they came out a little fussy, but I will post them. I'm sorry but my wife has a list I have to go work on now. There are alot more juicy details, so bear with me, sorry.

jsanchez

imported post

Sorry for the delay. There were 37 people in the room. I sat in the back.Ralph Vashatelli started out talking about 30000 people killed last year and half were suicide, and this is a big PUBLIC HEALTH PROBLEM. GUNS ARE A BIG, HUGE, GIANT, PUBLIC HEALTH PROBLEM. This is there main line of attack. He talked about having a gun in the house makes you five times more likely to commit suicide and 22 times more likely to injure or kill a family member. He talked about all the things Mr Henigan and he had done today, going to Starbucks head quarters, and having their annual Cease Fire anti gun luncheon. He introduced Mr. Henigan as graduating from Duke and being a lawyer, and being with the Brady Campaign for 10 years.

Mr. Henigan started with some joke I can't remeber, talking about book stores and coffee. Then went into talking about the cops killed around here and the 270 people shot each day and the 85 killed each day, young people and gunshot wounds. He then started on the gun show loophole, and then started patting his group on the back for the Brady bill and how it had lowered crime from 1994, not mentioning anything about the growth of conceal carry during that time. Then he talked about private sellers and all the loopholes with that.

Then he started in on his main topic, bumper sticker logic, guns don't kill people, people kill people. This lead to reliving Columbine and the 13 killed and 21 wounded, and the cause was poor parenting , video games, no school prayer, bullying, were all deflections from the real cause, the killers got the guns from the gunshow that a prom date had bought them.

Then he got back to defeating the bumpersticker thinking, guns are tools, good gun users vs evil gun users, punish the criminals are what these pro gun people say. Then he pointed out about licensing gun owners and registration like we do with cars. I did laugh at one thing he said about if there were no guns then we would be left with drive by knifings, kind of funny if you imagine it. Little gang members hoping out of a car stabbing rival gang members and then hopping back in their car.

He talked about how two of the Beattles got assualted, one by a knife and lived, and one shot and died. I've got to stop for now, got to get to bed, more tomarrow. Sorry for the delay, busy at work. JS.

amzbrady

imported post

jsanchez wrote:
Sorry for the delay. There were 37 people in the room. I sat in the back.Ralph Vashatelli started out talking about 30000 people killed last year and half were suicide, and this is a big PUBLIC HEALTH PROBLEM. GUNS ARE A BIG, HUGE, GIANT, PUBLIC HEALTH PROBLEM. This is there main line of attack. He talked about having a gun in the house makes you five times more likely to commit suicide and 22 times more likely to injure or kill a family member. He talked about all the things Mr Henigan and he had done today, going to Starbucks head quarters, and having their annual Cease Fire anti gun luncheon. He introduced Mr. Henigan as graduating from Duke and being a lawyer, and being with the Brady Campaign for 10 years.

Mr. Henigan started with some joke I can't remeber, talking about book stores and coffee. Then went into talking about the cops killed around here and the 270 people shot each day and the 85 killed each day, young people and gunshot wounds. He then started on the gun show loophole, and then started patting his group on the back for the Brady bill and how it had lowered crime from 1994, not mentioning anything about the growth of conceal carry during that time. Then he talked about private sellers and all the loopholes with that.

Then he started in on his main topic, bumper sticker logic, guns don't kill people, people kill people. This lead to reliving Columbine and the 13 killed and 21 wounded, and the cause was poor parenting , video games, no school prayer, bullying, were all deflections from the real cause, the killers got the guns from the gunshow that a prom date had bought them.

Then he got back to defeating the bumpersticker thinking, guns are tools, good gun users vs evil gun users, punish the criminals are what these pro gun people say. Then he pointed out about licensing gun owners and registration like we do with cars. I did laugh at one thing he said about if there were no guns then we would be left with drive by knifings, kind of funny if you imagine it. Little gang members hoping out of a car stabbing rival gang members and then hopping back in their car.

He talked about how two of the Beattles got assualted, one by a knife and lived, and one shot and died. I've got to stop for now, got to get to bed, more tomarrow. Sorry for the delay, busy at work. JS.

Interesting to hear, I wonder how many carriers showed up vs anti's? Did anyone get a chance to ask or debunk any of the Ralph falicy facts? Like how many suicides on drugs vs guns, or how many cops die in auto accidents vs guns? Hope someone was able to speak for us.

Just wondering, I have to live vicariously through everyone else till I get a job and can move closer.