Thread: OT - Anyone looking for a PD shotgun?

Post imported post

Hole in the Wall in Kennewick has gotten a bunch of short riot-style shotguns from the Mabton PD, including some Police model Ithaca M37's (the 7 shot tubes), and some shorty Remington 870's with rifle sights. These look like they're 5 shot tubes. Some of them have sling mounts, and almost all of the Rem 870's have serial number stickers on them. They're all in working order, and would be great for home defense or a slug gun for bears or what not.

Prices range between $230-250.

Just passing this along if you're interested. I finally got my hot hands on an M37, been wanting one for a long time.

Hole in the Wall
    7509 West Deschutes Avenue
    Kennewick, WA 99336-7776
    (509) 783-1111
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Post imported post

Nice. Thanks for the info! Sounds like a good option and an inexpensive one to boot.

Post imported post

Glock17 wrote:
    Nice. Thanks for the info! Sounds like a good option and an inexpensive one to boot.
    Oh, little note: some of them have butt stock numbers on them. The armory probably put them on there.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Post imported post

Big 5 also has the mossberg 500 security 8 shots on sale for around 280 about every 3 weeks

Post imported post

killchain wrote:
    . . . the Mabton PD, . . .
    I didn't think Mabton was big enough to have a PD.
    IAALBIAAFTDPASNIPHCBCALA
    Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out. (John Corapi, The Black Sheep Dog)
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

Regular Member Son_of_Perdition's Avatar

Post imported post

Lammo wrote:
    killchain wrote:
    LOL. More than one gun is a surplus. Why do you think they are unloading these.:P

Post imported post

Son_of_Perdition wrote:
    Lammo wrote:
    killchain wrote:
    LOL. More than one gun is a surplus. Why do you think they are unloading these.:P
    Probably buying new FN's with their stimulus money, I imagine.

Only reason I found out it was Mabton PD was because of the "Property of..." stickers on some of the buttstocks.

Post imported post

A few years ago the WSP upgraded their sidearms. They then sold off all of their old 92FS. I came across one at a gun show. Very holster worn with WSP engraved into the frame. VERY good price. Should of bought it and resold it for a nice little profit. The dealer had 3 or so at that time. I came back the next day with the intent to purchase them, but alas theywere sold.

Police guns are a very good deal! And shotguns even better as they are probably shot very little.
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
    A few years ago the WSP upgraded their sidearms. They then sold off all of their old 92FS. I came across one at a gun show. Very holster worn with WSP engraved into the frame. VERY good price. Should of bought it and resold it for a nice little profit. The dealer had 3 or so at that time. I came back the next day with the intent to purchase them, but alas theywere sold.

Police guns are a very good deal! And shotguns even better as they are probably shot very little.
    yeah. Here in about an hour I plan on finding out if this M37 is a slam fire.