• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Video news reports on Oklahoma legislature's vote to allow open carry

Mike

Site Co-Founder

The Atomic Ass

imported post

Mike wrote:
Unfortunately news orgs in Oklahoma keep saying only 20 some states alow oepn carry - the number is 43 folks! Soon to be 44 if Gov, Henry signs the bill.
I was under the impression that only six states currently forbid open carry?

eye95

imported post

The Atomic Ass wrote:
Mike wrote:
Unfortunately news orgs in Oklahoma keep saying only 20 some states alow oepn carry - the number is 43 folks! Soon to be 44 if Gov, Henry signs the bill.
Seven. NY, SC, FL, IL, AR, TX, and (until the governor signs the new law), OK.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

The Atomic Ass wrote:
Mike wrote:
Please see our map section - the main map shows 7 states banning open carry in red - though weput California in a special category, rual only open carry, it remains true, even under Saldana's bill, that people can open carry loaded handguns in unincorporated terretories where the County has not banned shooting.