Thread: Tulsa World - Open carry bill sponsor says measure is just about "relaxing the dress co

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic...1_OKLAHO343691

SNIP

"Nothing in this bill changes the locations you can carry or are prohibited from carrying," Duncan said. "That is not what this bill is about. This is relaxing the dress code."

Banned

Post imported post

Great quote!

Post imported post

The Oklahoma State Troopers Association is opposed to the measure, said Russell Knoke, president.

He said when officers arrive on a crime scene or respond to a domestic call, three or four people may have weapons, adding that it makes it difficult to determine "who is the good guy and who is the bad guy."

"When the gun is seen, it tends to make people nervous," said Bruce Robertson, Troopers Association consultant.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic...1_OKLAHO343691

What would stop 3 or 4 people from having a gun now?:what:

Oh I see out of sight out of mind even for the LEO's. :shock:
    Don't confuse me with the facts, I have my emotions!

I guess that's the difference between no crime and "stopping" a crime in progress. I prefer no crime.

Banned

Post imported post

LEOs keep saying that they can't tell who are the bad guys and who are the good guys when folks OC.

It's actually pretty easy. The guys with guns properly holstered on their hips are the good guys. Bad guys generally operate in one of two modes: concealed carry (usually illegally) and brandishing.

Post imported post

eye95 wrote:
    LEOs keep saying that they can't tell who are the bad guys and who are the good guys when folks OC.

It's actually pretty easy. The guys with guns properly holstered on their hips are the good guys. Bad guys generally operate in one of two modes: concealed carry (usually illegally) and brandishing.
    LEOs know this. The minority of LEOs who say thatOC'ingwill daze and confuse officers are lettingeither political pressure or some personal agendadictate what they say.Their lieis obvioustofellow officers and many other citizens, unfortunately destroying theircredibility.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

The times I have met with LEO's while carrying, (it's Oklahoma so its concealed) they have been more interested in what and how I carried. We have discused holster options, pro's, con's, firearms selection and such. I have not yet had a negative encounter with LEO's over carry issues. They have all been supportive of law abiding citizens having a weapon, whether open or concealed.