• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tulsa World - Open carry bill sponsor says measure is just about "relaxing the dress co

Packer fan

imported post

The Oklahoma State Troopers Association is opposed to the measure, said Russell Knoke, president.

He said when officers arrive on a crime scene or respond to a domestic call, three or four people may have weapons, adding that it makes it difficult to determine "who is the good guy and who is the bad guy."

"When the gun is seen, it tends to make people nervous," said Bruce Robertson, Troopers Association consultant.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=16&articleid=20100505_16_A1_OKLAHO343691

What would stop 3 or 4 people from having a gun now?:what:

Oh I see out of sight out of mind even for the LEO's. :shock:

eye95

imported post

LEOs keep saying that they can't tell who are the bad guys and who are the good guys when folks OC.

It's actually pretty easy. The guys with guns properly holstered on their hips are the good guys. Bad guys generally operate in one of two modes: concealed carry (usually illegally) and brandishing.

DanM

imported post

eye95 wrote:
LEOs keep saying that they can't tell who are the bad guys and who are the good guys when folks OC.

It's actually pretty easy. The guys with guns properly holstered on their hips are the good guys. Bad guys generally operate in one of two modes: concealed carry (usually illegally) and brandishing.

LEOs know this. The minority of LEOs who say thatOC'ingwill daze and confuse officers are lettingeither political pressure or some personal agendadictate what they say.Their lieis obvioustofellow officers and many other citizens, unfortunately destroying theircredibility.

okiephlyer

imported post

The times I have met with LEO's while carrying, (it's Oklahoma so its concealed) they have been more interested in what and how I carried. We have discused holster options, pro's, con's, firearms selection and such. I have not yet had a negative encounter with LEO's over carry issues. They have all been supportive of law abiding citizens having a weapon, whether open or concealed.