• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bloomberg at it again with another so called loophole

kennys

imported post

From WTOP

UNDATED - New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg is upset about a federal loophole. It lets people on the FBI's Terrorist Watchlist to legally buy guns and explosives.

Bloomberg will voice his objections to the current law when he testifies on Capitol Hill Wednesday.
The Huffington Post reports members of Congress have repeatedly ignored requests from both the Bush and Obama administrations to close the loophole -- fearing a backlash from the nation's gun lobby.
People on the watchlist were involved in firearm or explosives background checks 1,228 times in the past six years, the Huffington Post reports. Of those, 1,119 transactions were allowed to proceed.

http://wtop.com/?sid=1950061&nid=25

I would like to know what their criteria is for putting someone on that list. If it were up to the POTUS or Bloombergevery one that disagrees withthem would probably be open for an unjust listing.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Military veterans, gun owners, Tea Party, letter to the editor writers, supporters of the Constitution and Bill of Rights are all eligible for Bloomie's list.

In fact, I believe that eventually that anyone either over 21 years old or a minor would likely qualify in some way.

Yata hey

kennys

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Military veterans, gun owners, Tea Party, letter to the editor writers, supporters of the Constitution and Bill of Rights are all eligible for Bloomie's list.

In fact, I believe that eventually that anyone either over 21 years old or a minor would likely qualify in some way.

Yata hey

I guess if you are not illegal or are not from another country they don't consider this in the blend of profiling?

Bloomberg however gives good reason why every American that is legal to do so should carry a gun. The antis say we are over reacting and we don't need them. Bloomberg however points out the fact there are criminals and terrorists every where. Only draw back is his rants are to try to disarm the law abiding.

The Donkey

imported post

Its the terror "gap", not the terror "loophole"

You are getting your gaps and loopholes confused.

Bloomie reports that Frank Luntz says 82% of NRA members support closing the "gap" and the "loophole."

Sounds like you are not the only one confused.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Superlite27

imported post

People on the watchlist were involved in firearm or explosives background checks 1,228 times in the past six years, the Huffington Post reports. Of those, 1,119 transactions were allowed to proceed.

Here is another instance of "spin".

What your typical gun grabber gets from this sentence is 1,119 of the people they were watching actually walked away with firearms or explosives.

What I get from this sentence is only 109 of the people they were watching had any reason to be on a "list".

They were watching them, right? After all, it is a "watch list". Therefore, if they were allowed to walk away with firearms or explosives.........there must have been no reason to stop them, right? After all, only 109 of the people they were watching were stopped.

If they weren't prevented from purchasing firearms.......what's the point of watching them?

Leave it up to the typical gun grabber to be unable to grasp the logic.

eye95

imported post

Folks are placed on the terror watch list, not because the ARE terrorists, but because they bear "watching." Too many people are accidentally placed on this list to use it to deny the RKBA.

How can one check, besides trying to get on an airplane, to find out whether he or she on this list?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

eye95 wrote:
Folks are placed on the terror watch list, not because the ARE terrorists, but because they bear "watching." Too many people are accidentally placed on this list to use it to deny the RKBA.

How can one check, besides trying to get on an airplane, to find out whether he or she on this list?
You can't - the list is secret. :uhoh:

There are now almost 1 1/2 MILLION names on this list according to the ACLU.

http://www.aclu.org/technology-and-liberty/terror-watch-list-counter-million-plus

Who is watching the watchers?

Yata hey

eye95

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
eye95 wrote:

http://www.aclu.org/technology-and-liberty/terror-watch-list-counter-million-plus

Yata hey
One more reason not to use it to deny the RKBA.

Let's appoint a group to watch the watchers.

Who's then going to watch the watchers' watchers?

The Donkey

imported post

eye95 wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
eye95 wrote:

Yata hey
One more reason not to use it to deny the RKBA.

Let's appoint a group to watch the watchers.

Who's then going to watch the watchers' watchers?

Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You are?

by THEODORE GEISSEL
[align=left](Dr. Suess) 1973[/align][align=left]
[/align]
Oh, the jobs people work at!
[align=left]Out west, near Hawtch-Hawtch,[/align] [align=left]there’s a Hawtch-Hawtcher Bee-Watcher.[/align] [align=left]His job is to watch…[/align] [align=left]is to keep both his eyes on the lazy town bee.[/align] [align=left]A bee that is watched will work harder, you see.[/align] [align=left]Well…he watched and he watched.[/align] [align=left]But, in spite of his watch,[/align] [align=left]that bee didn’t work any harder. Not mawtch.[/align] [align=left]So then somebody said,[/align] [align=left]“Our old bee-watching man[/align] [align=left]just isn’t bee-watching as hard as he can[/align]
He ought to be watched by another Hawtch-Hawtcher. [align=left]The thing that we need[/align] [align=left]is a Bee-Watcher-Watcher.”[/align][align=left]
[/align] [align=left]WELL…[/align] [align=left]The Bee-Watcher Watcher watched the Bee-Watcher.[/align] [align=left]He didn’t watch well. So another Hawtch-Hawtcher[/align] [align=left]had to come in as a Watch-Watcher-Watcher.[/align] [align=left]And today all the Hawtchers who live in Hawtch-Hawtch[/align]are watching on Watch-Watcher-Watchering-Watch,Watch-Watching the Watcher

who’s watching that bee.
You’re not a Hawtch-Hawtcher. You’re lucky you see.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'm on the watch list.

Why?

Because I'm not afraid to tell cops that I think the Constitution was a good idea. And the FDLE disagrees.

I'd rather drive anyway and haven't set foot in an airport for over a decade.

Extending it outside of a place where it never should have existed anyway.... Stupid on top of stupid is REALLY stupid. But Bloomberg and his sort suggest that the reason going off the deep end hasn't worked, is because we just haven't gone far enough off the deep end for it to be effective...

His logic stacks up with brilliant thinking like "spend your way out of debt" and "rape your way to virginity."

The problem is not the solution.

okboomer

imported post

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that most of the members of OCDO are on some watch list somewhere.

Ah, well, in for a penny in for a pound ... or is it I'd rather be hung for a wolf if I am to be hung for a sheep? Or is it, for surely we will all be hung seperately, 'tis better to be hung together?

I definitely feel like the American people are being hung out to dry! Does this mean my powder will stay dry LOL?