• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC breakfast 5/8

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Curtis wrote:
I'll be there.

Can't recall that I've ever been to any Aunt Sarah's Pancake House. :shock:
That's the one that the Health Dept. shut down a few years ago.:lol:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Looks like I'm not going to make it for breakfast.

Something on the dinner plate has been arguing with me all night. Thought I had gotten rid of dinner, lunch and any portion of yesterday's breakfast that was still hanging around, but apparently not.

You all play nicely.

stay safe.

skidmark

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

skidmark wrote:
Looks like I'm not going to make it for breakfast.

Something on the dinner plate has been arguing with me all night. Thought I had gotten rid of dinner, lunch and any portion of yesterday's breakfast that was still hanging around, but apparently not.

You all play nicely.

stay safe.

skidmark
Will miss you,

Get better and warn us where not to eat dinner. :(

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

driveramsII wrote:
Good to see everyone again this morning, good size group too
Yep - had a total of 12 men, women and kids - great group and conversation.

Service was top drawer too. Actually a lot better the some recent breakfasts at "the fireplace" place. Never had to ask for a refill either - server was just there.

Quite sure that he appreciated our gratitude too. :)

Shot my AR for the first time afterward - never a hiccup and after the first magazine the barrel settled in and got some nice groups. Ran a few mags thru the 1911 and came away with the promise to shoot more often.

Yata hey

curtiswr

imported post

First time at Aunt Sarah's and I really liked it. The orange juice was really good, glad bnkrazy brought it to my attention. :cool:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
driveramsII wrote:
Good to see everyone again this morning, good size group too
Yep - had a total of 12 men, women and kids - great group and conversation.

Service was top drawer too. Actually a lot better the some recent breakfasts at "the fireplace" place. Never had to ask for a refill either - server was just there.

Quite sure that he appreciated our gratitude too. :)

Shot my AR for the first time afterward - never a hiccup and after the first magazine the barrel settled in and got some nice groups. Ran a few mags thru the 1911 and came away with the promise to shoot more often.

Yata hey
Good breakfast and company.

Glad you finally shot the thing GS, now if the end of the world happens, you'll be ready:lol:

If you're interested, here's the Whizzer Cam. The little underwater camera did better than I thought it would. WB is off and the lens is far from top notch, but it works. Now when Sailor Bob's boat sinks, I'll be able to enjoy the show:cuss:

http://vimeo.com/11586706

Tomorrow, HD Video in Surry.

curtiswr

imported post

Pretty neat video.

BMW got close to you didn't it? I wonder if they thought "that damn bike actually caught up to me" when you got behind them at the stop. :p

Now you just gotta rig up some stabilizing mechanism for the 7D so it can handle the ride better. :dude:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Curtis wrote:
Pretty neat video.

BMW got close to you didn't it? I wonder if they thought "that damn bike actually caught up to me" when you got behind them at the stop. :p

Now you just gotta rig up some stabilizing mechanism for the 7D so it can handle the ride better. :dude:
I figured it out when I got back. I got some sugar somehow and couldn'y see for a while. When I can't see, I have to think just to break the boredom :lol:

I have a camera/binocular strap that is a shoulder strap deal and holds it on your chest. I added a little padding to the back of the camera to bring the lens up some and it;s done. Should cut way down on the vibration.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

themrs. wrote:
Sailor Bob's boat does NOT sink! He is an icon! Behave yourself!:)
You're thinking of the good Sailor...I was thinking of the little irritant. Maybe it isn't Bob.:uhoh:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Curtis wrote:
Is that what you'll be doing the Surry video with? Look forward to seeing it.
Yep. I'm kind of interested in how it turns out too.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

peter nap wrote:
Curtis wrote:
Is that what you'll be doing the Surry video with? Look forward to seeing it.
Yep. I'm kind of interested in how it turns out too.
Will be great for traffic stops and incident recordings too. :)

Yata hey

kennys

imported post

Have to check out the video at work as my connection speed is sub par, but on the receicing end the powder smell today was like a finely tuned steak to the nose. The sound of the rounds going down range as well inticed a few more of my neighbors to a shooting attitude. I am noping that at next breakfast we may have one new party as my neghbor has expressed a little intrest in finding out a little more of OCDO and VCDL.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

kennys wrote:
Have to check out the video at work as my connection speed is sub par, but on the receicing end the powder smell today was like a finely tuned steak to the nose. The sound of the rounds going down range as well inticed a few more of my neighbors to a shooting attitude. I am noping that at next breakfast we may have one new party as my neghbor has expressed a little intrest in finding out a little more of OCDO and VCDL.
Hard to beat eggs, potatoes and gunpowder in the morning.

Bring 'em on and let them know that we talk about more than properly holstered handguns at breakfasts and dinners too. :lol:

You need some VCDL info cards to pass out.

Yata hey