• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bond Arms.

nobama

imported post

I cary an XD,and aSW 38 Jframe, but I am seriously looking at a Bond Arms 410. I do alot out in the woods with our hunting land and I think it has a (cool factor) . Cool holster too. What do you guys think? OCing a 410. HA .

midnight61

imported post

I also have a J frame & XD9sc...and the Bond Arms is definitely cool. Considering the new defensive .410 rounds, it's a great little gun that has devastating results.

Dreamer

imported post

For about the same money you can get a used Taurus Judge, and 3 more rounds...

But I'll admit, the Bond derringers are VERY cool-looking, and built VERY solidly. The interchangeable barrels feature is also VERY interesting...

nobama

imported post

The judge is cool too but its such a chunk. I wouldnt want to cary that on my hip all day. To me the judge is awsome for the home or to leave in the desk drawer somewhere.

.45acp

imported post

One advantage the Judge has is loading a hard cast 255 gr SWC at 875 fps. My father has one, and that is what the .45 Colt loads I reload for him chrono out of the Judge. Yes, you can shoot the same load from the Bond, but you'd be lucky to keep both rounds in a 5 gallon can at 10 ft.

A friend has a Bond, 4.25" bbl I belive, it is heavy for the size (well made though). The Bond is a thumb cock for each round, and is not easy to operate(cock) quickly, the 3" 410's havea stout recoildue to the small birds head grip, and last but not least only two rounds. The Judge is a DA revolver, push comes to shove and you'll have 5, 3" 410 000 loads in a big hurry. That is a bunch of whoop a**.

The Bond has the cool factor but the Judge wins in my opinion.