Thread: OT KGH closes Finley shooting range to public

Post imported post

http://www.kvewtv.com/article/2010/a...-range-public/

Bugger

I think it's BS. There's a lot of hills between Ayers road and Hover Park.

Post imported post

As much as I enjoyed shooting out there, I can understand why they're closing it. For every good shooter that was respectable and cleaned up after himself, there seemed to be 10 that didn't understand how to be safe around others and respect the private land they were shooting on. If you remember, I was featured in a news video several years ago about the safety concerns out there. In recent years, it had gotten so bad out there that most of my friends bought range memberships to TCMSA and just stopped going out there at all.

Post imported post

I'll likely get a range membership however it galls me to do so. I do not like having to pay to shoot.

Post imported post

Tekman wrote:
    ...I do not like having to pay to shoot.

That's why I reload.

Post imported post

Dave The Welder wrote:
    Tekman wrote:
    ...I do not like having to pay to shoot.

That's why I reload.
    That only covers the ammo. It's getting to the point that we all have to pay for a PLACE to shoot due to the lack of consideration and manners that some display. Doesn't take long to trash an area when shooters haul in everything from Produce to old appliances for targets and then leave the wreckage behing. No private landowner wants that and public land managers are getting tired of cleaning up the recreation land. Easiest way is to close everything and the end result will be only "pay to shoot" facilities where there are employees present to keep the facility from being trashed.

"If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

This sucks for everyone. There are a lot of off-roaders that use the area, and have been working on a clean-up plan to keep KGH from closing the area because of garbage. Looks like that won't happen now.