• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT KGH closes Finley shooting range to public

Dave The Welder

imported post

As much as I enjoyed shooting out there, I can understand why they're closing it. For every good shooter that was respectable and cleaned up after himself, there seemed to be 10 that didn't understand how to be safe around others and respect the private land they were shooting on. If you remember, I was featured in a news video several years ago about the safety concerns out there. In recent years, it had gotten so bad out there that most of my friends bought range memberships to TCMSA and just stopped going out there at all.

amlevin

imported post

Dave The Welder wrote:
Tekman wrote:
...I do not like having to pay to shoot.
That's why I reload.

That only covers the ammo. It's getting to the point that we all have to pay for a PLACE to shoot due to the lack of consideration and manners that some display. Doesn't take long to trash an area when shooters haul in everything from Produce to old appliances for targets and then leave the wreckage behing. No private landowner wants that and public land managers are getting tired of cleaning up the recreation land. Easiest way is to close everything and the end result will be only "pay to shoot" facilities where there are employees present to keep the facility from being trashed.

Reco Very

imported post

This sucks for everyone. There are a lot of off-roaders that use the area, and have been working on a clean-up plan to keep KGH from closing the area because of garbage. Looks like that won't happen now.:banghead: