• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First time OC!!!

COLT_PKT_9

imported post

I wore my Ruger LCP OC to the gas station and a car dealer (i just had to drop off some papers and get my truck washed). Nobody even gave me a weird look. The salesman that dealt with me just asked me what kind of gun it was and then said, "Thats cool!":lol:

All my selfconsciousness was unwarranted. Still will take me a while to get used to though.

69Charger

imported post

Good on ya. :)
Glad to hear all went well. It gets more comfortable with time. If it feels right, do it. If you dont feel quite right with it at times, dont do it. Its all up to how you feel at the time. Just carrying your gun for self protection is what truly counts.:)
Dave

COLT_PKT_9

imported post

Whats the nearest shooting rang and/or land where you can shoot around here? I usually just go to gig harbor. You shoot there? (G22Paddy)

Do you always call ahead everywhere you go to make sure its OK (SpyderTattoo) I think that that would be pretty tiring.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

Sirpuma has info on shooting ranges around PO. I usually just go down to Capitol State Forest though, it's only 45 minutes from my house. So probably an hour and a half for you. Worth it if you're going out there for the entire day though.

kparker

imported post

Jayd1981, I was thinking the same thing! I've got a P3AT myself, and while I do actually own a little belt holster for it, it just doesn't seem big enough to be real when it's not slid down into its pocket holster where it belongs.

Batousaii

imported post

Sparky508 wrote:
Pretty soon It will be second nature, than you'll feel wierd concealed carrying.

This is so true. I OC as much as i can get away with these days. When i do CC (weather or if prudent) i find myself thinking "how the heck am i gonna quickly get this dang thing in to play if needed?". I seriously do not play into the "surprise factor" of CC, as a bad guy has to actively engage you before you can employ an armed response - who is surprise now? When i am OC, i feel i can act as a deterrent, and my ability to access the arm is 10 fold faster. Being a tactical creature, i 100% agree with Sparky's statement.

;)Bat