Thread: OC While In Car

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I just wanted to get some ideas of others on how you OC while in the car driving. I have a XDm with a BlackHawk Serpa slightly canted so that the barrel is somewhat to my rear and the grip is slightly to my front so that when I sit down in the seat it doesn't bind up and push around on the seat back.

Maybe because the XDm grip handle is long I am running into this problem. Kind of a pain in the butt sometimes.

What do you do?

Thanks.

Post imported post

Have you thought about a cross-draw option? I don't own a cross-draw type holster, but I have heard many prefer this option when driving. If you don't spend lot of time in the car, a FBI cant would probably be fine and will releve a lot of the grip poking into the seat...I usually carry a FBI cant OWB, but also have an IWB option. I use straight belt holster for training/competition.

Post imported post

I carry cross draw with my Serpa.
    Perhaps if you would use a real computer you wouldn't have to apologize for not being able to do so many things on the internet!

Post imported post

I either leave it holstered or tuck it under my leg.

Post imported post

My solution for my CC gun while in the car was to buy one of those black nylon strap buckle car seat holsters. All you do is wrap it around the seat and snap it together and then there's a soft holster attached by Velcro to the strap that my gun sits in right between my legs for easy access.

Post imported post

VietVet68 wrote:
    My solution for my CC gun while in the car was to buy one of those black nylon strap buckle car seat holsters. All you do is wrap it around the seat and snap it together and then there's a soft holster attached by Velcro to the strap that my gun sits in right between my legs for easy access.
    op asked about oc in a vehicle,i guess it depends where you live...and if you have a ccw to back you up in case its considered concealed..:?

Post imported post

brokenbarrel wrote:
    VietVet68 wrote:
    op asked about oc in a vehicle,i guess it depends where you live...and if you have a ccw to back you up in case its considered concealed..:?
    I do have my CPl but here in Michigan your car is considered a CC device.

Post imported post

In WA state you cannot carry a loaded firearm in a vehicle... unless you are licensed to CC. I don't have much trouble. I am average size, but carry a full size XD-45... sometimes in a Serpa on my hip... canted as yours is.

Sometimes in a Bianchi IWB in the small of my back...

Really the pistol is not comfortable to sit with on your waist... but if the holster is positioned right it isn't painful by any means.

A shoulder holster is the most comfortable and accessible when driving... in particular when wearing a seat belt.