• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC While In Car

dchoepp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I actually posted this in another area that was wrong, sorry. It is better suited for here.

I just wanted to get some ideas of others on how you OC while in the car driving. I have a XDm with a BlackHawk Serpa slightly canted so that the barrel is somewhat to my rear and the grip is slightly to my front so that when I sit down in the seat it doesn't bind up and push around on the seat back.

Maybe because the XDm grip handle is long I am running into this problem. Kind of a pain in the butt sometimes.

What do you do?

Thanks.

VAopencarry

imported post

If you are using the paddle, take the holster off, put it on the seat.
Mount a holster in your vehicle to use while driving.
Shoulder rig.

t33j

imported post

I carry same as I always do... holstered on the hip.
At first, carrying in a car was uncomfortable. It probably still is, but I've just gotten used to it.

younggun20

imported post

Mine digs into me as well. I usually leave it holstered but for longer rides I'll unholster and tuck it under my leg

Packer fan

imported post

I use an Uncle Mike's$5 holster and I don't have any trouble with sitting. Now for a long trips I will just place it in the slot under my radio.

The way I carry is with two belts, one whith holster IWB the other to keep my britches up.

big_bake

imported post

My USPc in a CQC serpa (belt loop) fit perfectly between me and the seat belt, and doesn't dig into me at all. got i canted forward right around 3 o'clock.

Just had a wild thought though, what would happen if you were in an accident and unconscious? What does EMS do when they pull you out with a gun on your hip? I guess just call a cop over to handle it.

younggun20

imported post

big_bake wrote:
Just had a wild thought though, what would happen if you were in an accident and unconscious? What does EMS do when they pull you out with a gun on your hip? I guess just call a cop over to handle it.
That or leave it alone? If your unconscious your no threat.

big_bake

imported post

But you could come to and be very disoriented, and possibly defensive. I would think the police would handle the weapon, especially if the hospital you are taken to has a no weapons policy.