• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ticket?

mikestilly

imported post

22-250 wrote:
It was for a unsecured load in my pick up truck?

Then no it doesnt do anything. Here is the list that would disqualified you.

Have not been convicted of one of the following misdemeanors in the 3 years immediately preceding the date of application:

Operating under the influence, MCL 257.625
Refusal of commercial vehicle operator to submit to a chemical test, MCL 257.625a
Ignition interlock device reporting violation, MCL 257.625k
Circumventing an ignition interlocking device, MCL 257.625l
Operating a commercial vehicle with alcohol content, MCL 257.625m(3)
Operating an aircraft under the influence, MCL 259.185
Operating an ORV under the influence, MCL 324.81134
Operating an ORV while visibly impaired, MCL 324.81135
Operating a snowmobile under the influence, MCL 324.82127
Controlled substances, MCL 333.7401 to 333.7461
Operating a locomotive under the influence, MCL 462.353(3)
Disorderly person, MCL 750.167
Embezzlement, MCL 750.174
False pretenses with intent to defraud, MCL 750.218
Larceny, MCL 750.356
Second-degree retail fraud, MCL 750.356d
Larceny, vacant building, MCL 750.359
Larceny, by conversion, MCL 750.362
Larceny, defrauding lessor, MCL 750.362a
Malicious destruction of property, MCL 750.377a
Malicious destruction of real property, MCL 750.380
Receiving stolen property, MCL 750.535
Malicious use of telephones, MCL 750.540e

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Yikes, look what has happened in Washington State due to unsecured loads.

http://tacoma.injuryboard.com/automobile-accidents/marias-law.aspx?googleid=202810

Last May, Gov. Christine Gregoire signed into law House Bill 1478 -- also known as "Maria's Law" -- which made it a gross misdemeanor if an unsecured load causes an injury, carrying with it a maximum penalty of a year in jail and a $5,000 fine. A driver whose unsecured items cause property damage can now be charged with a misdemeanor crime.

Before the law's passage, drivers who lost their loads could only be cited for a traffic infraction with a maximum fine of $250.

A second bill, which builds on Maria's Law, was signed by Gregoire on March 28. House Bill 2612 makes failing to secure a load a criminal act if it results in a death or injury. The new law also makes victims eligible for money from the state's Crime Victims Compensation program.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

you should be ok 22, but it does give a really sick feeling though.

You would have laughed if you saw one of my loads. I had an S10 truck bed strapped to the roof of that red festiva once. We sold it for scrap. you should have seen the looks we got driving down I 75 with that. I couldnt get the car over 55 because of the air resistance.:pI had to line the trucks wheel wells up with the door glass on the car, in order to see out. lol

kyleplusitunes

imported post

as a truck driver nothing pisses me off more than a unsecured load.

I have seen the worst accidents of my time drivig from people, usually in pickup trucks, losing their load on a highway. I've seen chairs, metal sheets, rods, and pretty much everything else go through cars, or completely smash them, I believe this should be a felony. I have heard a few truck drivers been charged with a felony for unsecured loads.

such as the time a car hauler lost one of his ramps, bounced off the road, killed a father and a mother while their three kids were unharmed in the back seat.

I was a witness to that accident on i5 in California 40 miles north of LA.

also for anyone who needs to know, one strap is required every 10 feet of a load, minium of two straps.

secure your loads, save lives.

scot623

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
scot623 wrote:
If you get 3 civil infractions in one year, the gun board can call you in front of them to possibly suspend your CPL.
cite?
Am I reading that wrong?

28.428 Revocation of licenses; grounds; hearing; suspension; order; notice.
Sec. 8. (1) The concealed weapon licensing board that issued a license to an individual to carry a concealed
pistol may revoke that license if the board determines that the individual committed any violation of this act
other than a violation of section 5f(4). If the board determines that the individual has been found responsible
for 3 or more state civil infraction violations of this act during the license period, the board shall conduct a
hearing and may suspend the individual's license for not more than 1 year.
http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(lf2vwuuxtu24uq45hqylo555))/documents/mcl/pdf/mcl-28-428.pdf

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

scot623 wrote:
stainless1911 wrote:
scot623 wrote:
If you get 3 civil infractions in one year, the gun board can call you in front of them to possibly suspend your CPL.
cite?
Am I reading that wrong?

28.428 Revocation of licenses; grounds; hearing; suspension; order; notice.
Sec. 8. (1) The concealed weapon licensing board that issued a license to an individual to carry a concealed
pistol may revoke that license if the board determines that the individual committed any violation of this act
other than a violation of section 5f(4). If the board determines that the individual has been found responsible
for 3 or more state civil infraction violations of this act during the license period, the board shall conduct a
hearing and may suspend the individual's license for not more than 1 year.
http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(lf2vwuuxtu24uq45hqylo555))/documents/mcl/pdf/mcl-28-428.pdf

3 civil infraction violations of this act - that means CPL/carry violations, like failure to disclose, etc.

craigm

imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
as a truck driver nothing pisses me off more than a unsecured load.

I have seen the worst accidents of my time drivig from people, usually in pickup trucks, losing their load on a highway. I've seen chairs, metal sheets, rods, and pretty much everything else go through cars, or completely smash them, I believe this should be a felony. I have heard a few truck drivers been charged with a felony for unsecured loads.

such as the time a car hauler lost one of his ramps, bounced off the road, killed a father and a mother while their three kids were unharmed in the back seat.

I was a witness to that accident on i5 in California 40 miles north of LA.

also for anyone who needs to know, one strap is required every 10 feet of a load, minium of two straps.

secure your loads, save lives.

It's amazing the things people see in the trucks. I remember driving down I-39 in Wisconsin and there was an old-timer pulling a car trailer loaded up with what looked to be the last load of him moving. First the monitor came out, then the keyboard, a few other miscellaneous items, then the actual computer. When the computer started sliding, it was going pretty straight, so I passed him to avoid it.

As for the strap requirement, that's just a length thing--it can easily be more straps if it's steel, plus there's special requirements for coils and such.

The worst loads to deal with on the big truck were the Lowe's loads (at least for me). They stuck everything on the trailer like it was going to have 4 walls to keep it from going anywhere, and that PVC pipe will always come loose--especially since there's no way to belly-strap it when it's up top. Only had the straps come loose once. Didn't lose anything, but it was a real pain trying to get it all into position so I could restrap it. That was the result of the PVC shifting, even belly-strapped.

On a side note, I've known people who don't have tailgates to get one of those nets for a pickup as even a pop can in the back without a tailgate can be considered an unsecured load (from what I was told).

An acquaintance of mine lost a brand new freezer going down I-94. He and his buddy both bought one, they were in the bed taking up the width, one behind the other, and the front one just lifted off and flew out.

I had a few DOT interactions, and they've always been happy with the logbook and the securement. My loads have never hurt anyone, I'd like the same courtesy from other drivers.