• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where do you place your IWB Holster?

Aaron1124

imported post

Where on your belt (or pant line) do you place your IWB holster? Imagine your waist as a clock, with 12:00 being directly above your zipper. Where do you feel is the most comfortable spot for your IWB Holster while walking, driving, sitting, etc.

nobucks

imported post

I carry my XD(m) at 1 o'clock, i.e., AIWB (appendix-IWB). I didn't like it when I was using a soft holster, but since I got my Kydex ArchAngel holster from Dale Fricke, that's the way I carry, and it's been very comfortable, plus, much easier to holster and unholster getting in and out of my vehicle. Plus, I don't have to worry about being made when I bend down at the store to look at something on the bottom shelf.

I used to carry at about 4 o'clock in a soft, Uncle Mike's IWB holster, and I still carry that way when I have to wear a dress shirt and suit coat. That was also very comfortable, but not as convenient.

Drawing the weapon is a lot faster with the AIWB than the 4 o'clock carry.

VAopencarry

imported post

Different places work better for different people, start at 1 and work your way around until the end of the day and see what works for YOU.

Dreamer

imported post

Usually I carry my IWB between 3:00 and 3:30--the same position I carry my OWB Serpa...

Packer fan

imported post

I carry at about 3:00 sometimes at 3:15 all depends on what I am weiring.

I have an Uncle Mikes soft holster on a smaller regular belt that I use as my gun bet. I wrap my gun belt around me than put my pants on. Then I use a little larger belt to keep my britches up and put my flash light, multi-tool, and knife on. All the extra on the outside of the waste band hides any thing inside the waste band.

If I want to OC I just put my gun belt on the outside. Works good fo rme.

AL Ranger

imported post

I carry about 4 o'clock because I don't want if rubbing my hip. It's pretty much where I also OC so my style of draw is consistent. I don't carry anywhere in the 9-3 area because I can't sit or bend with the gun in front of me. Try it out and see what works for your body style.

Aaron1124

imported post

Like another poster said, if I put it at 3:00, it digs in to my hip. If I put it between 12:00 and 2:00, I can't comfortably bend over. If I put it between 5:00 and 9:00, then it's uncomfortable to sit down, and anywhere between 9:00 and 12:00 is awkward, because I'm not a lefty.

Tazman2

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
Like another poster said, if I put it at 3:00, it digs in to my hip. If I put it between 12:00 and 2:00, I can't comfortably bend over. If I put it between 5:00 and 9:00, then it's uncomfortable to sit down, and anywhere between 9:00 and 12:00 is awkward, because I'm not a lefty.
Try 3:30-4:00 which you didn't mention! :celebrate

Michigander

imported post

On the rare occasions when I CC, and not in a tool belt pouch while working (usually when visiting anti gun family members or while in Detroit) I carry IWB cross draw. I do this because that way I won't accidentally allow my pistol to be seen while reaching for my wallet, and it also enables me to hold my cover garment down with my weak side arm while shaking hands, walking in the wind, or perhaps giving a one armed hug to affectionate anti gun relatives.

daddy4count

imported post

I carry a full size XD-45 Tactical in IWB at 6 o'clock

for the most part it sits in the small of my back and doesn't bother me... sure it feels like I'm sitting on a steel tube... but that's sort of the case isn't it?

It is still my favorite carry holster because even the full size pistol is concealable under a t-shirt for CC.

I doubt I would wear that holster for OC... since it is almost self-concealing

open4years

imported post

I'm slender and IWB is too uncomfortable for all day carry, for me. The times I have carried is at 6 o'clock as there is some space in the center of my spine.

steveinNEPA

imported post

My IWBgoes at about the SOB position. Not exactly SOB, but slightly off to the right, i guess you can say 530ish. I carry either a full size Sigma .40 or a full sizeXD9. Just a note, I only use the IWB if I MUST conceal completely, which isnt really all that often so I dont really have a nice holster for IWB, I use an uncle mikes soft holster and I have another one that looks the same made be blackhawk.

Lurkus Maximus

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Right here...

100_0275.JPG

noname762

imported post

Just prior to buying my first IWB holster I was talking to a guy that had a table at the WAC show about 5 1/2 years ago. He was telling me how comfy it was with a full sized 1911 45. I was a bit skeptical so he gave me a demonstration in 2 parts. One being the 110% absolute conceal ability and ease of drawing it. When he pulled out his Colt 1911 I was amazed. I bought one on the spot. It was $55 back then. Like the sales guy I carry in the 12 oclock position.

When I dress I slip the holster over my shirt. I wear it in a kind of hip hugger low fashion. The rig has 3 pockets. Main pocket is for the gun. I carry 2 extra mags in one of the smaller pockets and don't use the 3rd pocket. It is fairly comfy for me to carry my 380 all day. The rig itself is made from blue jeans type material with velcro on the backside.