Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: No fly list No buy firearm?

  1. #1
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278

    Post imported post

    Anyone read information on the statement by Bloomberg?

    "Mayor Bloomberg of New York City is in favor of a new law that would ban people on the terrorist watch list from buying guns. While this may seem a good idea, some senators see a slippery slope, including GOP Senators Susan Collins of Maine and Lindsay Graham of South Carolina ."
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    N47º 12’ x W122º 10’
    Posts
    1,761

    Post imported post

    A slippery slope? To what?

    The Mayor advocates taking away "life, liberty or property without due process of law" which is wrong, and unconstitutional.

    There is no slope. It's a drop-off.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Federal Way, WA
    Posts
    93

    Post imported post

    I am guessing this would create a new under ground market for private sales. Yet this market is still legal it may give them another reason to try to close it down. The ATF has been doing alot of illegal stuff at gun shows. Lets hope they don't get any more brite ideas. Cheers

  4. #4
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    Glock17 wrote:
    I am guessing this would create a new under ground market for private sales. Yet this market is still legal it may give them another reason to try to close it down. The BATFE has been doing alot of illegal stuff at gun shows. Lets hope they don't get any more brite ideas. Cheers
    There fixed it for ya ....lol...
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  5. #5
    Regular Member killchain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Richland, Washington, USA
    Posts
    788

    Post imported post

    Sylvia Plath wrote:
    Anyone read information on the statement by Bloomberg?

    "Mayor Bloomberg of New York City is in favor of a new law that would ban people on the terrorist watch list from buying guns. While this may seem a good idea, some senators see a slippery slope, including GOP Senators Susan Collins of Maine and Lindsay Graham of South Carolina ."
    Oh yeah, that's great. Any "right-wing extremist" (aka Veterans) won't be able to buy firearms. -_-

    If that happened, I do indeed believe that a march on Washington would happen. Peaceful, of course.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

  6. #6
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    killchain wrote:
    Sylvia Plath wrote:
    Anyone read information on the statement by Bloomberg?

    "Mayor Bloomberg of New York City is in favor of a new law that would ban people on the terrorist watch list from buying guns. While this may seem a good idea, some senators see a slippery slope, including GOP Senators Susan Collins of Maine and Lindsay Graham of South Carolina ."
    Oh yeah, that's great. Any "right-wing extremist" (aka Veterans) won't be able to buy firearms. -_-

    If that happened, I do indeed believe that a march on Washington would happen. Peaceful, of course.
    ...don't forget they are including us non veterans who don't like the D's or the R's....(we are radicals's) , Although I believe if you run around smashing windows in Seattle in a WTO riot you are ok.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  7. #7
    Regular Member killchain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Richland, Washington, USA
    Posts
    788

    Post imported post

    sudden valley gunner wrote:
    killchain wrote:
    Sylvia Plath wrote:
    Anyone read information on the statement by Bloomberg?

    "Mayor Bloomberg of New York City is in favor of a new law that would ban people on the terrorist watch list from buying guns. While this may seem a good idea, some senators see a slippery slope, including GOP Senators Susan Collins of Maine and Lindsay Graham of South Carolina ."
    Oh yeah, that's great. Any "right-wing extremist" (aka Veterans) won't be able to buy firearms. -_-

    If that happened, I do indeed believe that a march on Washington would happen. Peaceful, of course.
    ...don't forget they are including us non veterans who don't like the D's or the R's....(we are radicals's) , Although I believe if you run around smashing windows in Seattle in a WTO riot you are ok.
    I was absolutely heated when I found out that Veterans were being tacked into that list. I have my Batallion's American flag tacked up in my living room (yeah, I'm one of those guys) and they think I'm a threat? Please, I love my country. I just want to shoot my guns and be left alone. Simple as that.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

  8. #8
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    Well of course you are a threat you believe and took an oath to protect and fight for the constitution. I agree though it is very very sad, that they would go on the attack against our veterans this way.

    We hear certain folks scream about "McCaurthyism" ( a myth drummed up by certain elements in our society.)

    Yet then they create a list of for lack of a better word of'enemies'. HYPOCRITES!!!!!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  9. #9
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278

    Post imported post

    It is apparent with the way that the latest terrorist was allowed on the flight even though he was on the list that the list seems to be flawed--not to mention the thousands of innocent people that are on the list and are unable to get off the list.

    I often wonder why the old neighborhood I lived in (primarily middle eastern) had so many fathers that were "away" for six months at a time. That would be racial profiling on my part to even question why that oddity is taking place.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  10. #10
    Regular Member Tomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    University Place, Washington, USA
    Posts
    705

    Post imported post

    Sylvia Plath wrote:
    It is apparent with the way that the latest terrorist was allowed on the flight even though he was on the list that the list seems to be flawed--not to mention the thousands of innocent people that are on the list and are unable to get off the list.
    The biggest flaw in that mess was "we" do not make the initial checks against the No-Fly List, we depend on the airlines to do it, and in this case it was a SAUDI airline...
    No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: The officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets. -- Edward Abbey

    • • • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Faciémus!• • •

  11. #11
    Regular Member SaintJacque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    139

    Post imported post

    deanf wrote:
    A slippery slope? To what?

    The Mayor advocates taking away "life, liberty or property without due process of law" which is wrong, and unconstitutional.

    There is no slope. It's a drop-off.
    +1 and QFT. I don't think there's a snow ball's chance in hell this could possible survive a SCOTUS challenge. This' doesn't just violate the 2nd amendment, but also 4th, 5th, 10th, 14th off the top of my head... I think the Mayor is just going for the high score.

  12. #12
    Regular Member killchain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Richland, Washington, USA
    Posts
    788

    Post imported post

    Tomas wrote:
    Sylvia Plath wrote:
    It is apparent with the way that the latest terrorist was allowed on the flight even though he was on the list that the list seems to be flawed--not to mention the thousands of innocent people that are on the list and are unable to get off the list.
    The biggest flaw in that mess was "we" do not make the initial checks against the No-Fly List, we depend on the airlines to do it, and in this case it was a SAUDI airline...
    Imagine that.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •