• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No fly list No buy firearm?

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

Anyone read information on the statement by Bloomberg?

"Mayor Bloomberg of New York City is in favor of a new law that would ban people on the terrorist watch list from buying guns. While this may seem a good idea, some senators see a slippery slope, including GOP Senators Susan Collins of Maine and Lindsay Graham of South Carolina ."

deanf

imported post

A slippery slope? To what?

The Mayor advocates taking away "life, liberty or property without due process of law" which is wrong, and unconstitutional.

There is no slope. It's a drop-off.

Glock17

imported post

I am guessing this would create a new under ground market for private sales. Yet this market is still legal it may give them another reason to try to close it down. The ATF has been doing alot of illegal stuff at gun shows. Lets hope they don't get any more brite ideas. Cheers

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Glock17 wrote:
I am guessing this would create a new under ground market for private sales. Yet this market is still legal it may give them another reason to try to close it down. The BATFE has been doing alot of illegal stuff at gun shows. Lets hope they don't get any more brite ideas. Cheers
There fixed it for ya ....lol...

killchain

imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:

"Mayor Bloomberg of New York City is in favor of a new law that would ban people on the terrorist watch list from buying guns. While this may seem a good idea, some senators see a slippery slope, including GOP Senators Susan Collins of Maine and Lindsay Graham of South Carolina ."
Oh yeah, that's great. Any "right-wing extremist" (aka Veterans) won't be able to buy firearms. -_-

If that happened, I do indeed believe that a march on Washington would happen. Peaceful, of course. ;)

sudden valley gunner

imported post

killchain wrote:
Sylvia Plath wrote:

Oh yeah, that's great. Any "right-wing extremist" (aka Veterans) won't be able to buy firearms. -_-

If that happened, I do indeed believe that a march on Washington would happen. Peaceful, of course. ;)
...don't forget they are including us non veterans who don't like the D's or the R's....(we are radicals's) , Although I believe if you run around smashing windows in Seattle in a WTO riot you are ok.

killchain

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
killchain wrote:
Sylvia Plath wrote:

...don't forget they are including us non veterans who don't like the D's or the R's....(we are radicals's) , Although I believe if you run around smashing windows in Seattle in a WTO riot you are ok.
I was absolutely heated when I found out that Veterans were being tacked into that list. I have my Batallion's American flag tacked up in my living room (yeah, I'm one of those guys) and they think I'm a threat? Please, I love my country. I just want to shoot my guns and be left alone. Simple as that.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Well of course you are a threat you believe and took an oath to protect and fight for the constitution. I agree though it is very very sad, that they would go on the attack against our veterans this way.

We hear certain folks scream about "McCaurthyism" ( a myth drummed up by certain elements in our society.)

Yet then they create a list of for lack of a better word of'enemies'. HYPOCRITES!!!!!

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

It is apparent with the way that the latest terrorist was allowed on the flight even though he was on the list that the list seems to be flawed--not to mention the thousands of innocent people that are on the list and are unable to get off the list.

I often wonder why the old neighborhood I lived in (primarily middle eastern) had so many fathers that were "away" for six months at a time. That would be racial profiling on my part to even question why that oddity is taking place.

Tomas

imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
It is apparent with the way that the latest terrorist was allowed on the flight even though he was on the list that the list seems to be flawed--not to mention the thousands of innocent people that are on the list and are unable to get off the list.
The biggest flaw in that mess was "we" do not make the initial checks against the No-Fly List, we depend on the airlines to do it, and in this case it was a SAUDI airline...

SaintJacque

imported post

deanf wrote:
A slippery slope? To what?

The Mayor advocates taking away "life, liberty or property without due process of law" which is wrong, and unconstitutional.

There is no slope. It's a drop-off.
+1 and QFT. I don't think there's a snow ball's chance in hell this could possible survive a SCOTUS challenge. This' doesn't just violate the 2nd amendment, but also 4th, 5th, 10th, 14th off the top of my head... I think the Mayor is just going for the high score.:lol:

killchain

imported post

Tomas wrote:
Sylvia Plath wrote:
The biggest flaw in that mess was "we" do not make the initial checks against the No-Fly List, we depend on the airlines to do it, and in this case it was a SAUDI airline...
Imagine that.