• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Taurus PT-145 Melenium Pro .45

marrero jeff

imported post

to be honest i have to say i am biased towards "combat weapons" when it comes to gun purchases. i like knowing i can put 20k= rounds through a gun without having to send it back to the factory. For instance, i carry an H&K USP .45 and have 8k rounds through it with no maintenance. i've shot fmj,jhp,ect... with zero malfunction. i've droppped into a bayou and covered it in mud, pulled it out, inserted a magazine, and it fired perfectly, not one single malfuntion. Now granted it wasnt as smooth as before and cleaning the mud outwas a bitch (did the mud test when it was brand new the 8k rounds have come after that) but that is the kind of performance i am willing to stake my life on. in my experience, taurus simply can't measure up to that. i'm also not saying H&K is the only brand capable of this, i love Sigs as well. but when it comes down to it, taurus simply cant match that kind of performance.

45acpForMe

imported post

I understand the benefits of a reliable well made gun. I have H&K and Sigs as well as 1911. I OC them. The problem is that many people can't afford high end guns and the old adage of "any gun with you is better than a gun left at home" comes into play. So yes I would prefer to be holding my Sig or H&K if I find myself pointing it at an aggressor but I would also prefer to be holding the Taurus rather than nothing.

I compare the Taurus to a Hyundai. You get a great lifetime warranty but you also get what you pay for. If you can save up for something like a 1911, Sig, H&K or other name brand reliable gun go for it. My recommendation is that you can own more than one gun. In my search for the perfect concealed gun I went through NAA, Kahr, Sig and wound up with the Taurus. Each of my guns suits a specific need but I find the Taurus meets most of my needs most of the time. Now if Sig made a similiar size/capacity/thumb-safety gun I probably would buy one. :)

simmonsjoe

imported post

Thelukaskezik wrote:
GWbiker wrote:
P.S. for a couple of hundred $$$ more, you can buy a Glock.
As it is with all rules, there are exceptions. Someone out there will get a great product and never have a problem. And someone's will inevitably blow up in their face. While one company like Taurus or Hi-point may have a reputation for the blowing up, and Glock the great product, it can always flip on you in a blink of an eye. if you're a fan of taurus and/or Hi-Point and own a reliable one, all the more power to you. If you love the Glock, you're an idiot:celebrate - I mean... more power to you. Reliability debate aside, I'd personally take a Taurus over a Glock based solely on personal preference to the feel and grip angles and looks...

But I'll stick with my Sigs and Berettas.

(I'm kidding, Glock lovers. Don't kill me:cry:)
I personally don't care for Glocks much, but I do have to cry foul on your PIC. That is an aftermarket non-factory barrel. It most likely wasn't fit properly.

steve33904

imported post

nice try! if you look at the part that went kaboom you will see it was not mfg. by glock.It looks like the problem was the cheap replacement barrel ( hkk industies?)