• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Inherited Pistol Registration Question

Bronson

imported post

Michigander wrote:
to simply explain I gave it over to the cops in AZ for destruction.

Did they give you a receipt when they took possesion of it?

When Kahr replaced the frame on my CW40 they sent a letter along with the new frame saying that they had taken permanent possession of the old frame serial # XXXXXX. When I regisered the new frame I showed the letter to the clerk and she had never seen one before and didn't know if they were supposed to do anything with it. She just handed it back to me and told me to keep it with my files.

Bronson

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
That could go badly. The fewer people who are aware of this the better. I say keep it under the table. There are hundreds of thousands of people in dozens of countries who wish they had the opportunity that you have.

The gov doesnt know about this one. They dont know where to look, no one knows about it to hold it over your head, there is no reasonable suspicion, or probable cause to look, man you have it made. It would take knowing someone who knows someone, several years, and a reputation to be trusted with the local street thugs and gangbangers to get another gun off the books, take this one and run with it. Nobodys coming to your door in the middle of the night looking for this thing in the next 15 years either.
Yeah thats right, nobody knows about it!

Oh wait... didn't you just post it on the f***ing internet?

...so right. Maybe we should rethink this one.

Heabob

imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
stainless1911 wrote:
That could go badly. The fewer people who are aware of this the better. I say keep it under the table. There are hundreds of thousands of people in dozens of countries who wish they had the opportunity that you have.

The gov doesnt know about this one. They dont know where to look, no one knows about it to hold it over your head, there is no reasonable suspicion, or probable cause to look, man you have it made. It would take knowing someone who knows someone, several years, and a reputation to be trusted with the local street thugs and gangbangers to get another gun off the books, take this one and run with it. Nobodys coming to your door in the middle of the night looking for this thing in the next 15 years either.
Yeah thats right, nobody knows about it!

Oh wait... didn't you just post it on the f***ing internet?

...so right. Maybe we should rethink this one.
Ahh yes, I thought of this after posting...Duh!
Just a minute... somebody's at the door... Oh Sh.t ! (J/K)

Thanks guys, for all the ideas, many of which, I have pondered already.

Grease, PVC, Shovel... (I love it, but...)
10 years have passed, my whole yard has holes dug everywhere...
I dared not tell anybody where I put it, might get ripped off you know.
"Dang, could have swore I buried something here, or maybe over there".

As the proverbial "cat is outta the bag now" scenario goes, I will most
likely take her in for attempted registration, to get a clear conscience.

Oddly enough, I've had far more troubles in life from being too honest.
Our society teaches us that it pays better to be otherwise.
Hey, the Govt. can do it, why can't we ? (just following our leaders).
Only difference is, we get caught and go to jail.
They get caught, and get appointed to cabinet positions.
And to think I voted for Obama, my bad.
Voted for Bush, my bad... voted for Clinton, my bad...
Voted for daddy Bush, sorry... can't remember if I voted for Carter,
or Reagan...
I think I'm gonna quit voting, as it seems I always pick the wrong guy,
not that the "other guy" would have done any better.

They say it's un-patriotic to not vote, I say... Bah Humbug!

Grr!, sorry for the long rant, I hate all the crap they're doing.

Cheers, Bob

Heabob

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
There is no need to take it anywhere... Have the executor of the estate sign off as the seller and if they ask you just found it...
This might be worth a try...

Hmm, but must I get a permit to purchase or some other paperwork to do this with ?

autosurgeon

imported post

Heabob wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
There is no need to take it anywhere... Have the executor of the estate sign off as the seller and if they ask you just found it...

Hmm, but must I get a permit to purchase or some other paperwork to do this with ?
If you don't have a CPL yes you will need a purchase permit.

sevenplusone

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Heabob wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:

If you don't have a CPL yes you will need a purchase permit.

...and these are easy to get assuming you do not have criminal past. Based on your posts I'm inclined to think it won't be an issue.

Personally, I'd grease, PVC, and shovelit.

What you have to remember about collectable pieces like that, there's a reason it's collectable. That's a fantastic heirloom I would not soon let out of my possession.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

definately. I dont mind when a cop takes a gun off of a criminal, but you dont come across as someone like that. Keep this one yourself man, you never know. Registration leads to confiscation. Always has, always will.

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
definately. I dont mind when a cop takes a gun off of a criminal, but you dont come across as someone like that. Keep this one yourself man, you never know. Registration leads to confiscation. Always has, always will.
Once armed, a free man can never be disarmed. Only defeated.

sevenplusone

imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
stainless1911 wrote:
Once armed, a free man can never be disarmed. Only defeated.
Ooooooooo. I like that.