Thread: Gruene Hall in Gruene/new Braunfels

Post imported post

I am going to San Antonio next week and was invited to Gruene Hall. I have carried in TX in the past and know the carry laws. I carry under LEOSA/218, but that still prohibits me from carrying on posted private property. Anyone know if Gruene Hall is properly posted? Just trying to stay legal. Thanks for the help.

Post imported post

You cannot carry a gun (licensed or unlicensed) in Texas where 51% of its income is derived from alcohol sales. Gruene Hall does meet this.

Sorry, no guns allowed, and there are always sheriff's there so better leave it at home to stay out of trouble.

http://www.txchia.org/txcarry.htm

Post imported post

I went there three years ago for a REK concert, and I can confirm that it has a 51% sign posted. That keeps us normals from legally carrying using a CHL. I just re-read the provisions for LEOSA carry, however, and it doesn't look like a 51% sign should prevent that method of carrying. As for it being posted in general (generic no-guns sign, 30.06 sign, etc.), I don't recall seeing any, but I didn't look very closely for one after I noticed the 51% sign. I would say "carry away," because the likelihood of a business in Texas doubling-up on signage is pretty remote, to the tune of "I've never seen it, ever" before!

Post imported post

Thanks a lot. I was concerned about the 30.06 signs. Glad they aren't there. The Jerry Jeff Walker concert should be worth a drive up from San Antonio.