• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gruene Hall in Gruene/new Braunfels

gis

imported post

I am going to San Antonio next week and was invited to Gruene Hall. I have carried in TX in the past and know the carry laws. I carry under LEOSA/218, but that still prohibits me from carrying on posted private property. Anyone know if Gruene Hall is properly posted? Just trying to stay legal. Thanks for the help.

c.corrington

imported post

You cannot carry a gun (licensed or unlicensed) in Texas where 51% of its income is derived from alcohol sales. Gruene Hall does meet this.

Sorry, no guns allowed, and there are always sheriff's there so better leave it at home to stay out of trouble.

http://www.txchia.org/txcarry.htm

denwego

imported post

I went there three years ago for a REK concert, and I can confirm that it has a 51% sign posted. That keeps us normals from legally carrying using a CHL. I just re-read the provisions for LEOSA carry, however, and it doesn't look like a 51% sign should prevent that method of carrying. As for it being posted in general (generic no-guns sign, 30.06 sign, etc.), I don't recall seeing any, but I didn't look very closely for one after I noticed the 51% sign. I would say "carry away," because the likelihood of a business in Texas doubling-up on signage is pretty remote, to the tune of "I've never seen it, ever" before!