Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun Seminar Bass Pro @ GLX May 14, 15, 16th.

Banned

Post imported post

Gun Seminar

Friday May 14

6pm. Right gun/ right caliber

7pm. Its the Law discussion

8pm. Reloading basics

Saturday 15th, and Sunday May 16th,

1pm. Right gun/ right caliber

2pm. Its the Law discussion

3pm. Reloading basics

4pm. what is a CPL?

Post imported post

Hm.. same day as the open carry picnic in warren.. meh.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Banned

Post imported post

1 of 3 days

Post imported post

Auburn Hills BPS

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...toreID=1#50200

From the BPS Events List

May 14, 2010 - May 16, 2010
    Gun Primer Weekend
    This event is designed inform our guests about their gun purchases and about owning a gun in general. There will be seminars, Reloading demonstrations, Local law enforcement, and several gun and hunt clubs in attendance. If you own a gun or have recently purchased a gun and have questions on CPL's, open carry laws, or reloading questions then this event is for you.

Post imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
    Friday May 14

I'll call BPS at GLX and attempt to get on the agenda as a speaker aboutopen carry, during these "It's the Law" discussions. This BPS is just down the road from me.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Banned

Post imported post

Good stuff man.

Post imported post

DanM wrote:
    stainless1911 wrote:
    Friday May 14

I'll call BPS at GLX and attempt to get on the agenda as a speaker aboutopen carry, during these "It's the Law" discussions. This BPS is just down the road from me.
    That would be great Dan!

Post imported post

are these free? I would love to learn about the reloading process. thanks for the heads up Stainless.

Post imported post

DanM wrote:
    stainless1911 wrote:
    Friday May 14

I called this morning. The guy I need to speak to will be there later today, so I have to call back.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Banned

Post imported post

keep us posted Dan. I know you will.

I beleive they are free Slave.

Post imported post

DanM wrote:
    stainless1911 wrote:
    Friday May 14

Update: No problem with the manager of this event, I'll be there to bring awareness and answer questions about OC, all three days. Found out another OC'er will be there as well, so we'll have it covered.

Post imported post

Awesome. As usual, great job Dan.

Banned

Post imported post

Im sure that anyone who shows up OCing will end up answering questions. I get that all the time up there, thats one reason I go.

Post imported post

Awesome, thanks.

Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar

Post imported post

Sounds like a good time, im pretty sure im making the picnic, but i might be able to show up for one day....maybe
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject

Post imported post

I will be speaking during "It's the law". I will be covering open carry in Michigan.

Post imported post

TTT

Banned

Post imported post

ok I give, what does [ ttt ] mean? :?

Post imported post

To The Top

I prefer to use this:

"I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Post imported post

All 3 days of the event will have an "It's the law segment". The segments all 3 days will be a presentation on open carry. A big thank you goes out to Bass Pro for contacting me to set this up. Also a table will be setup up during the entire event to hand out literature and educate on open carry.

Thanks to DanM for volunteering to cover Saturday. I know another has volunteered as well I have no name but thank you to whoever you are. I have Friday and Sunday covered. Thank you to Jeff and MOC for stepping up quickly and providing man power and literature for this event. Anyone else who is interested in coming out to Bass Pro is welcome. There will be lots of people looking for guidance on OC.

The OC seminar times

Friday 7pm
    Saturday 2pm
    Sunday 2pm

The event itself is

Friday 6-9pm
    Saturday 1-5pm
    Sunday 1-5pm

Banned

Post imported post

Good to hear this guys, this is what I was hoping would happen and more. Nice job guys. I have a deck to paint this weekend, but Ill be showing up to at least a couple of these things.

One thing I have noticed by talking to people at Bass Pro, is that of the instructors who acknowledge OC at all, most keepdiscouraging the students, by saying things like they will be asking for trouble, that they would find a reason to bust you, yada yada yada, you know the drill. Im so glad we are going to be there to combat this false attitude against OC.

Post imported post

sprinklerguy28 wrote:
    Thanks to DanM for volunteering to cover Saturday.
    Just to clarify, for planningpurposes or whatever, I'll be there Friday and Sunday as well.

Looking forward to seeing you there, Scott!

Post imported post

DanM wrote:
    sprinklerguy28 wrote:
    Thanks to DanM for volunteering to cover Saturday.
    Just to clarify, for planningÂ*purposes or whatever, I'll be there Friday and Sunday as well.

Looking forward to seeing you there, Scott!
    Thanks again DanM, I noticed that you were going to be there all 3 days after posting.

According to Bass Pro they are receiving huge feedback on this. They are planning for hundred of people for each seminar. Hopefully this will hold true.

Post imported post

sprinklerguy28 wrote:
    According to Bass Pro they are receiving huge feedback on this. They are planning for hundred of people for each seminar. Hopefully this will hold true.

Hopefully! Do you feelwe have enoughOC tri-folds or other material for hand-out, to start out on Friday and carry us through all three days?

Post imported post

I have a decent supply of brochures for Friday. We will need more for Saturday and Sunday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast