• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State Legislature

fairandequal

imported post

House Republicans tried to pass Amendment A to Senate Bill 494 which would eliminate three state agencies. The three agencies that were proposed to be eliminated by theamendment were the Dept. on Aging, Dept. of Hearing Impaired and the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners. The amendment was voted down at 11:37PM, today, May 5th, the last day of the session, ending at 12PM. All Republicans voted for the Amendment. All Republican representatives voted to eliminate the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners. Whydo the Republicans want to eliminate the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners? Rep. Cafero, Rep. Miner, Rep. Klarides and other Republicans spoke in favor of the amendment. Remember this November when the elections are held that you write to your local newspapers in the Republican districts to let them know if you agree. You may not need the Board of Firearms and maybe don't believe you will ever need the Board, But remember not to argue with your wife while the nosey neighbor is walking by, don't have your gun stolen while your gun is stored in your car in a safe locked box, don't buy a gun from a friend without the proper paper work with all i's dotted and the t's crossed, don't clean your gunin case it accidentally firesand don't buy food from the take outwindow aChili's restaurant in Glastonbury. Without the Board the police will make the decision if you should have your permit. Remember your right to appeal the decision to revoke your permit almost was eliminated by CT Republican representatives at 11:37PM on the last day of the legislative session.

link for the websites of the CT Republican Representatives and their email addresses http://cthouserules.com/legislators

peterkuck

imported post

Who has the names of those who voted for and against this? It is time to take names for November..

peterkuck

imported post

I know the question is why. It would be nice if someone in their district would ask them.

peterkuck

imported post

Thank you Lenny. Maybe we can see whats going on behind the curtain