• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Half Price Books Redmond

nra1234

imported post

Recently I walked into to half price books in Redmond as I have many times in the past. It was a warm day and my normally concealed weapon was partially showing. I was approached in the store by a very young girl who claimed to be the manager. She stated that another customer had told her that they had seen a gun on me and informed me that they do not allow guns in their store. She then pointed to a 1.5inx1.5in sticker close to the bottom of the side entrance door. I said thank you and left the store. I personally will not be shopping at that store or any of it's affiliates as long as they carry said policy. Just thought people would want to know. Thanks.

Glock17

imported post

Sounds like you ran into a real anti-gunner. You kept your cool and left. Thats using your head. Thanks for the info. Cheers

Tawnos

imported post

They've been on the do not patronize list for a while. As far as I know, that's always been their policy.

69Charger

imported post

I would have told her, Its not a GUN, its a peace of history. A 1911 Colt.
As young as it sounds like she was, I bet I would of got the DEER IN THE HEADLIGHTS look as I slowly left the store. :)
Dave

Glock17

imported post

69Charger wrote:
I would have told her, Its not a GUN, its a peace of history. A 1911 Colt.
Nice response. I would have told her, Its not a gun! Its a piece of plastic that launches a projectile at 1180 feet per second. But thats because I have a Glock. :D