Thread: OC and Motorcycles

Post imported post

I'm new to the forum and this is my first post.
    I'm an adult, self supporting, pre-med student and I can't afford the expense of a car. I ride a Harley year round (good on gas, and $30 a month for insurance!!!).
    I CC in my waistband (strong side) at all times for fear of losing my permit because of an LEO's ignorance of the law. On a few occasions my shirt has blown up from the wind exposing my revolver, but I don't worry about that too much.
    It sure would be ALOT more comfortable to OC on my way to Wooster mtn. or Bridgeport.
    Any thoughts?

Post imported post

I ride my MC and don't worry about whether or not the weapon is exposed. I sometimes wear clothes that conceal and sometimes ride while openly carrying.

You shouldn't have any problems.

If you do, just ask the officer to contact a supervisor.

Post imported post

I can speak from my last weekend's experience that OC shouldn't be a big issue. My only advice is a holster with good retention (thumb break or better?).

I would say on a motorcycle you should have far less problems than you would have on the streets and going in and out of businesses like I did all last weekend (with only one fairly insignificant issue).

Go to the CCDL website and print out the documents to keep with you. I also recommend a voice recorder just to be on the safe side. Many cell phones have this feature already, just learn to use it.
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

Post imported post

I've been OC'ing for about a month now withNO problems. I've had a few :shock:, but that's about it. Had one guy ask me about my .45 and was curious if I was a cop. Probably due to my short hair and the way I carry myself(army vet). I will never go back to CC unless the law changes.

Post imported post

And here I was worried that somebody would call the cops when my shirt fluffed up while riding and carrying! :P

PS: Open carry riding event anyone!? :celebrate

Post imported post

Tazman2 wrote:
    PS: Open carry riding event anyone!?
    Absolutely!

PS: Can someone lend me a Harley?
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

Post imported post

I'm down for an open carry motorcycle ride! End of June or early July????

Post imported post

beanoboy7 wrote:
    I'm down for an open carry motorcycle ride! End of June or early July????
    Either. I don't leave for my vacation till the middle of July! :celebrate

PS: What happens if we need to stop and "pee". Will we have to hunt down OC friendly stores/places to pee as well!? lol :P

PPS: Where in Hartford are you? I'm in Newington!

Post imported post

South End of Hartford, I'd say no more than 15 mins from Hoffmans with traffic.

Post imported post

Count me in....I'm only 45 minutes from the Hartford area. I'm pretty flexible on when to have it.