• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC and Motorcycles

skoolboy69x

imported post

I'm new to the forum and this is my first post.
I'm an adult, self supporting, pre-med student and I can't afford the expense of a car. I ride a Harley year round (good on gas, and $30 a month for insurance!!!).
I CC in my waistband (strong side) at all times for fear of losing my permit because of an LEO's ignorance of the law. On a few occasions my shirt has blown up from the wind exposing my revolver, but I don't worry about that too much.
It sure would be ALOT more comfortable to OC on my way to Wooster mtn. or Bridgeport.
Any thoughts?

Edward Peruta

imported post

I ride my MC and don't worry about whether or not the weapon is exposed. I sometimes wear clothes that conceal and sometimes ride while openly carrying.

You shouldn't have any problems.

If you do, just ask the officer to contact a supervisor.

Rich B

imported post

I can speak from my last weekend's experience that OC shouldn't be a big issue. My only advice is a holster with good retention (thumb break or better?).

I would say on a motorcycle you should have far less problems than you would have on the streets and going in and out of businesses like I did all last weekend (with only one fairly insignificant issue).

Go to the CCDL website and print out the documents to keep with you. I also recommend a voice recorder just to be on the safe side. Many cell phones have this feature already, just learn to use it.

KennyB

imported post

I've been OC'ing for about a month now withNO problems. I've had a few :shock:, but that's about it. Had one guy ask me about my .45 and was curious if I was a cop. Probably due to my short hair and the way I carry myself(army vet). I will never go back to CC unless the law changes.

Tazman2

imported post

And here I was worried that somebody would call the cops when my shirt fluffed up while riding and carrying! :p

PS: Open carry riding event anyone!? :celebrate

Tazman2

imported post

beanoboy7 wrote:
I'm down for an open carry motorcycle ride! End of June or early July????
Either. I don't leave for my vacation till the middle of July! :celebrate

PS: What happens if we need to stop and "pee". Will we have to hunt down OC friendly stores/places to pee as well!? lol :p

PPS: Where in Hartford are you? I'm in Newington! ;)