Thread: Self Defense Works

Post imported post

Check this out; this happened 2 blocks from a business ofa friend of mine.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...A?OpenDocument

If you fail to:
    Know your rights;
    Exercise your Liberty;
    and Teach Freedom;
    You are sure to lose it all.

Carry on; Carry Always

WCI Founders Club Member
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Post imported post

The robbery victim handed over his wallet.

As the robber rifled through the wallet, the man who'd been robbed shot the robber to death,

That part of the story makes me think that the victim may have some legal problems in the near future.

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Yeah, an admission against your interest is seldom challenged. Remember to exercise your right to silence.

Post imported post

Hillmann wrote:

As the robber rifled through the wallet, the man who'd been robbed shot the robber to death,

That part of the story makes me think that the victim may have some legal problems in the near future.
    Bad guy had a gun in his hand. I think with the victims wallet also in hand he got what he had coming. I bet he never gets charged.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Hillmann wrote:

MO Statutes

Use of force in defense of persons.

563.031. 1. A person may, subject to the provisions of subsection 2 of this section, use physical force upon another person when and to the extent he or she reasonably believes such force to be necessary to defend himself or herself or a third person from what he or she reasonably believes to be the use or imminent use of unlawful force by such other person,

2. A person may not use deadly force upon another person under the circumstances specified in subsection 1 of this section unless:

(1) He or she reasonably believes that such deadly force is necessary to protect himself or herself or another against death, serious physical injury, or any forcible felony;

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/chapters/chap563.htm
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Banned

Post imported post

If the robber had a handgun, thats enough excuse for me to respond with deadly force.

Anymore they don't just rob you and walk away. They rob you, rape your wife; kill you and any witnesses.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

There have been many manyinstances of criminals shooting and/or killing their robbery victims even after the victim fully cooperated with their demandsand handed over their valuables.
    Sometimes the robbers admitted theygot upset because the victim did not have as much money as they expected and shot them out of anger, andto make sure they could not testify, etc etc etc.
    If he still had a gun or other deadly weapon in his possession after handing over my wallet, I would also shoot to end the threat.
    I am not psychic, I cannot determine what the robbers actions are going to be after handing over my money. If they have threatened me and they are armed, they will be ventilated until I am absolutely sure that they no longer pose a threat to myself or my loved ones.

Judged by 12, or carried by 6? If I feel my well-being is in danger, my life means more to me than their life does.

Post imported post

savedhis own life saved the taxpayers some money as well.

Post imported post

I chuckle whenever I heare comments such as the one given by the 71 year old man that two guys walking down the streets with guns reminded him of the Old West. Obviously he watched too many B westerns while growing up.

During the heyday of the Old West there was an average of forty deaths by intentional gunfire country wide per year. Ninety five percent of the people in the "Old West" were struggling to survive. They didn't have timeto bring more problems onto themselves. The ignorance of gun facts by the general public is perhaps our largest problem. American history is one of my passions. The Wild West was not nearly as violent as portrayed in the "dime" novels and modern media.

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life". (Robert Anson Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon, 1942)

Notice that it is the Anony Mouse keyboard kommandoes here that strut and make threats.

Post imported post

Won't get the chance to be a repeat offender. Justice is served.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.