• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Self Defense Works

Hillmann

imported post

The robbery victim handed over his wallet.

As the robber rifled through the wallet, the man who'd been robbed shot the robber to death,

That part of the story makes me think that the victim may have some legal problems in the near future.

AaronS

imported post

Hillmann wrote:

As the robber rifled through the wallet, the man who'd been robbed shot the robber to death,

That part of the story makes me think that the victim may have some legal problems in the near future.
Bad guy had a gun in his hand. I think with the victims wallet also in hand he got what he had coming. I bet he never gets charged.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

Hillmann wrote:

MO Statutes

Use of force in defense of persons.

563.031. 1. A person may, subject to the provisions of subsection 2 of this section, use physical force upon another person when and to the extent he or she reasonably believes such force to be necessary to defend himself or herself or a third person from what he or she reasonably believes to be the use or imminent use of unlawful force by such other person,

2. A person may not use deadly force upon another person under the circumstances specified in subsection 1 of this section unless:

(1) He or she reasonably believes that such deadly force is necessary to protect himself or herself or another against death, serious physical injury, or any forcible felony;

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/chapters/chap563.htm

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

If the robber had a handgun, thats enough excuse for me to respond with deadly force.

Anymore they don't just rob you and walk away. They rob you, rape your wife; kill you and any witnesses.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

There have been many manyinstances of criminals shooting and/or killing their robbery victims even after the victim fully cooperated with their demandsand handed over their valuables.
Sometimes the robbers admitted theygot upset because the victim did not have as much money as they expected and shot them out of anger, andto make sure they could not testify, etc etc etc.
If he still had a gun or other deadly weapon in his possession after handing over my wallet, I would also shoot to end the threat.
I am not psychic, I cannot determine what the robbers actions are going to be after handing over my money. If they have threatened me and they are armed, they will be ventilated until I am absolutely sure that they no longer pose a threat to myself or my loved ones.

Judged by 12, or carried by 6? If I feel my well-being is in danger, my life means more to me than their life does.

Captain Nemo

imported post

I chuckle whenever I heare comments such as the one given by the 71 year old man that two guys walking down the streets with guns reminded him of the Old West. Obviously he watched too many B westerns while growing up.

During the heyday of the Old West there was an average of forty deaths by intentional gunfire country wide per year. Ninety five percent of the people in the "Old West" were struggling to survive. They didn't have timeto bring more problems onto themselves. The ignorance of gun facts by the general public is perhaps our largest problem. American history is one of my passions. The Wild West was not nearly as violent as portrayed in the "dime" novels and modern media.