Thread: Carrying at campaign headquarters

Post imported post

Legal to carry into a cadidates election office/campaign headquarters?

Iv'e not found any federal or state law saying no, wanted to make sure I did'nt miss anything.
    Im proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

I would say as long as the location isn't on federal property or in one of the locations prohibited by state law there would be no legal prohibition. However being like any other business they have the right to ask you to not bring it.

Post imported post

Just returned and went fine.
    Im proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

sirpuma wrote:
    I would say as long as the location isn't on federal property or in one of the locations prohibited by state law there would be no legal prohibition. However being like any other business they have the right to ask you to not bring it.
    Sorry, I missed where thats a RIGHT. Which CONSTITUTION is that from? Bill of RIGHTS? Maybe I misread it? Maybe you have some other CONstitution that gives people the right to deprive OTHERS of THEIR RIGHTS?

What country are you from, Russia? China? Cuba?

They have no RIGHT to tell you not to bring it. Neither does a business in this State.

According to the Attorney General of this State, they cannot hold criminal trespass.

With friends like you, WHO NEEDS ENEMIES?

Post imported post

Oh good. Another drive-by from the Cap’n. Doubtful she will return to this thread. Nevertheless, I shall rebut:

Sorry, I missed where thats (sic) a RIGHT. Which CONSTITUTION is that from? Bill of RIGHTS?
    Yes. Amendment 1. “. . . freedom of speech, . . .” Certainly you wouldn’t begrudge someone their right to open their mouth and speak, right? At it’s core, an utterance, no matter the content, is an exercise of a right guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution.

Maybe you have some other CONstitution that gives people the right to deprive OTHERS of THEIR RIGHTS?
    Certainly not. The question is, does the Amendment 2 guarantee apply on private property? Of course not. The U.S. Constitution does not regulate the conduct of private parties. The Constitution is a contract between the states and the federal government. It regulates the conduct of each through mutual agreement. Those not parties to the contract are not bound by it. You wouldn’t expect to be bound by the lease agreement for the neighboring trailer, would you?

According to the Attorney General of this State, they cannot hold criminal trespass.
    Cite, please.

Post imported post

Cap'n camel, I then understand from your opinion, that when Im arrive at your house, fully armed, needing a shower, and belegerant, you do not have the right to tell me I cannot be on your property?

Capn Camo wrote:
    sirpuma wrote:
    Sorry, I missed where thats a RIGHT. Which CONSTITUTION is that from? Bill of RIGHTS? Maybe I misread it? Maybe you have some other CONstitution that gives people the right to deprive OTHERS of THEIR RIGHTS?

They have no RIGHT to tell you not to bring it. Neither does a business in this State.

Post imported post

Capn Camo wrote:
    sirpuma wrote:

Pointing out the enumeration of certain rights to say that there are no other rights beyond those specifically enumerated reminds me of something.

Oh yeah, the 9th amendment.

Ass.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Post imported post

Capn Camo wrote:
    sirpuma wrote:

9th Amendment.

Xanax.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill