• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Non-Resident OC

dchoepp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I will be visiting Walnut Creek, CA once a month from Nevada. How is the OC atmosphere there?

Anything I should know or be aware of when UOCing as you say there or Traveling with gun in car?

Here is what I understand and some things I don't:

- Must have gun unloaded, loaded magazine on hip okay.

- Travel with firearm locked in car? Or holstered on hip while driving?

- When in car, ammo and gun have to be separated?

- Can Non-Res UOC?

Any info will be appreciated, I'll keep searching threads.

Thanks!

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

dchoepp wrote:
I will be visiting Walnut Creek, CA once a month from Nevada. How is the OC atmosphere there?

Anything I should know or be aware of when UOCing as you say there or Traveling with gun in car?

Here is what I understand and some things I don't:

- Must have gun unloaded, loaded magazine on hip okay.

Right. If you're carrying a revolver you can keep moon clips or speed loaders in your pocket.

- Travel with firearm locked in car? Or holstered on hip while driving?

If you'll be driving through school zones (within 1000 feet of the edge of any public or private K-12 school), then your handgun should be locked up.

- When in car, ammo and gun have to be separated?

No, you can keep magazines loaded and in the same container as the firearm. The firearm cannot have a loaded magazine in it or a round in the chamber though.

- Can Non-Res UOC?

Absolutely!
I'd recommend you carry an audio recorder which is constantly recording. Video and audio is even better.