Thread: AB 1934

Post imported post

thanks for posting those link to the right people to call in california. are there any rallies planned for an open carry demonstration in los angeles?

Founder's Club Member MudCamper's Avatar

Post imported post

I assume you are refering to this post. Just rebumped it.

Thanks for the kind words. I've been mostly absent the last couple of weeks. This legislation, combined with the constant hate I receive at CalGuns has taken the wind from my sails.

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

Calguns eats their own, why bother.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Post imported post

MudCamper wrote:
    This legislation, combined with the constant hate I receive at CalGuns has taken the wind from my sails.
    I hear you. I had stronger words along the same lines a couple weeks back...

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

MudCamper wrote:
    I assume you are refering to this post. Just rebumped it.

Thanks for the kind words. I've been mostly absent the last couple of weeks. This legislation, combined with the constant hate I receive at CalGuns has taken the wind from my sails.
    It's hard, and even I thought about giving up my fight.

This situation has cost me more than simply my gun rights, it might cost me my marriage, but I can't give up. What is the point in risking if you won't fight when they come knocking?

I thought I lost my wind, but it turns out I simply didn't point the sails in the right direction.

Post imported post

sorry to hear that mud camper. keep your head up and know that you are doing good work and have helped me become more informed.

Founder's Club Member MudCamper's Avatar

Post imported post

Theseus wrote:
    This situation has cost me more than simply my gun rights, it might cost me my marriage, but I can't give up.
    I'm sorry to hear that Theseus.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

That sucks Thesus, I am glad you are not giving up otherwise they win.

And the polarization of close mates/friends is one means they will use to try and achieve their goals.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

AB1934 in Assembly Appropriations Committee

has been scheduled for hearing in the Assembly Appropriations Committee on Wednesday, May 12th at 9:00am in Room 4202 at the State Capitol. (The "Status" has not been updated.)

Post imported post

here is an email list of all the assembly people on the appropriations committee that will vote on AB 1934 tomorrow.

Assemblymember.DeLeon@assembly.ca.gov, Assemblymember.Nielsen@assembly.ca.gov, Assemblymember.Ammiano@assembly.ca.gov, Assemblymember.Calderon@assembly.ca.gov, Assemblymember.Davis@assembly.ca.gov, Assemblymember.Duvall@assembly.ca.gov, Assemblymember.Fuentes@assembly.ca.gov, Assemblymember.Hall III@assembly.ca.gov, Assemblymember.Harkey@assembly.ca.gov, Assemblymember.Jones@assembly.ca.gov, Assemblymember.Miller@assembly.ca.gov, Assemblymember.Price@assembly.ca.gov, Assemblymember.Skinner@assembly.ca.gov, Assemblymember.Solorio@assembly.ca.gov, Assemblymember.Strickland@assembly.ca.gov, Assemblymember.Torlakson@assembly.ca.gov, Assemblymember.Feuer@assembly.ca.gov

also here is a sample of the letter i wrote

Dear Senators and Assembly Appropriations Committee Members, I noticed that on May 12 you are scheduled to hear AB 1934 proposed by Assemblywoman Lori Saldana.

She is submitting a bill for something that does not need fixing. By the bill's description you are aware of what codes she wants to change. She is concerned about police resources being diverted to check out people who under California law are following the rules. She also claims that criminals will carry weapons in plain site.

That argument makes no sense. If you are a criminal or felon you will not open carry a weapon on your person and then invite a police officer to do a legal 12031e check where they will discover you are a criminal and take you to jail.

The sheriff in the radio interview below refutes her claim that many calls are being put out to law enforcement to check on people with guns. She wants to make us feel that so many tax dollars are being wasted on these calls, when they are not.

I personally do not own a gun and I would not oppose someone following the California law and also expressing their 2nd amendment right.

I am including this link to a short radio interview on L.A. radio station 89.3 KPCC with
    Assemblyman Curt Hagman, Assemblywoman Lori Saldana and Lt. Wayne Bilowit, Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

http://www.scpr.org/programs/airtalk...aw-challenged/

I urge you to please take the time to listen to this interview where you can get a balanced viewpoint from each of the sides.

In closing I would like to thank you for your time, wish you continued success and I am truly happy that I could participate in my government and express my views.