• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Idaho Safe Travel Map

IndianaBoy79

imported post

I've been meaning to get this done for awhile. I hope it's useful to some of you. Do check local law before you travel anywhere. Some states have odd local ordinances that ban OC in certain towns and other odd things we aren't used to here. I have a higher quality version of the file that was too big to upload. If anyone wants it, send me a PM and I will email it to you. Maybe someone has a server they could host it on? Enjoy!

Edited to include Utah as an OC without a license state.

YoZUpZ

imported post

Might want to note that in Utah, you can open carry without aCFP as long as your gun is 2 mechanical actions from firing...

For example, with a semi-auto, you can open carry without a CFP if there is no round in the chamber (racking the slide and pulling the trigger = 2 mechanical actions.)

With a double action revolver: no round in the cylinder under the hammer and no round in the next cylinder (requires 2 trigger pulls to fire a round)

With a single action revolver: no round in the cylinder under the hammer.

ISRAEL

imported post

I asked that question to "Utahns" and some body told me that if you have aCWP from Idaho you or OK to O.C. whith a loaded gun no restricction apply, who is writgt then?

IndianaBoy79

imported post

YoZUpZ wrote:
Might want to note that in Utah, you can open carry without aCFP as long as your gun is 2 mechanical actions from firing...
Similar (but not quite as strict) as California, eh? Do post things like this. How would I work that in? Change that to gold to reflect OC without a license, conceal with one? Why does OCDO classify it as a "license open carry" state?

Thelukaskezik

imported post

ISRAEL wrote:
I asked that question to "Utahns" and some body told me that if you have aCWP from Idaho you or OK to O.C. whith a loaded gun no restricction apply, who is writgt then?
I travel to and from Utah, and yes, Idaho residents without a license may open carry as long as it's two mechanical actions (trigger pull is an action) from firing.

With an Idaho (or ANY other state's CCW permit) one can carry loaded in Utah.

Porter N

imported post

"Utah Code Title 76 Utah Criminal Code
Chapter 10 Offenses Against Public Health, Safety, Welfare, and Morals
Section 523 Persons exempt from weapons laws.
76-10-523. Persons exempt from weapons laws.
(1) This part and Title 53, Chapter 5, Part 7, Concealed Weapon Act, do not apply to any of the following:
(a) a United States marshal;
(b) a federal official required to carry a firearm;
(c) a peace officer of this or any other jurisdiction;
(d) a law enforcement official as defined and qualified under Section 53-5-711;
(e) a judge as defined and qualified under Section 53-5-711;
(f) a common carrier while engaged in the regular and ordinary transport of firearms as merchandise; or
(g) a nonresident traveling in or through the state, provided that any firearm is:
(i) unloaded; and
(ii) securely encased as defined in Section 76-10-501.
(2) The provisions of Subsections 76-10-504(1) and (2), and Section 76-10-505 do not apply to any person to whom a permit to carry a concealed firearm has been issued:
(a) pursuant to Section 53-5-704; or
(b) by another state or county. "

that last (b) there, states they accept ANY other state or county's CC license/permit.

YoZUpZ

imported post

ISRAEL wrote:

With a permit from any state, you can CC or OC fully loaded in Utah.

Withouta permit, you can OC if the gun is "Utah unloaded", meaning the gun is 2 mechanical actions away from firing.

YoZUpZ

imported post

IndianaBoy79 wrote:
YoZUpZ wrote:
Similar (but not quite as strict) as California, eh? Do post things like this. How would I work that in? Change that to gold to reflect OC without a license, conceal with one? Why does OCDO classify it as a "license open carry" state?
The reason OCDO classifies Utahas a license open carry state is because you need a license/permit in order to open carry fully loaded. If you do not have a license/permit (Utah accepts licenses/permits from any state), the gun has to be "utah unloaded". (2 steps from firing)

teddyearp

imported post

I am sorry for this, but here it is. The thread title is "Idaho safe travel map". The map is a map of the whole country (the United States of America) and the rest of the posts in this thread are about Utah's laws or carry concealed laws. Call me a jerk with this only my second post to this forum but does not anyone else see a problem with this post/thread?

I come here to search/post/ask about things that are specific to a certain state/region and the OPEN CARRY customs therein and I find this. :cuss: I mean correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this whole site about open carry and NOT concealed carry?

p.s. I am a jerk sometimes/most times, lol.

p.p.s. I do really like the 'special' treatment Cali gets on the map, though.

Porter N

imported post

While the map explains CC, it IS also about open carry. A lot of our members have times they OC and times they CC; The main point of the forum is to discuss and share OC tips and stories, and to make friends and educate the public about OC and safe firearms carry and use.

This particular thread is about where Idahoans can travel out of state and OC or CC. If you wanted an in-state OC-friendly list for Idaho, we have a different thread for that.

In this thread, we were discussing open carry with/without a permit in Utah because that's the last question someone brought up. IF you have a different question Mr. "I'm sometimes a jerk", then ask it and we'll be more than happy to discuss it.

Thanks for visiting the Idaho thread, and Welcome to OCDO.:)

teddyearp

imported post

Porter N wrote:
This particular thread is about where Idahoans can travel out of state and OC or CC. If you wanted an in-state OC-friendly list for Idaho, we have a different thread for that.

In this thread, we were discussing open carry with/without a permit in Utah because that's the last question someone brought up. IF you have a different question Mr. "I'm sometimes a jerk", then ask it and we'll be more than happy to discuss it.

Thanks for visiting the Idaho thread, and Welcome to OCDO.:)

Thanks for the reply and the welcome. I really can be a Mr. "always a jerk", lol, expecially since I really want to go on vacation.

Anyways, I do have another question, as this question is why I joined this forum and posted it here:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=44010&forum_id=20

TIA

IndianaBoy79

imported post

I think I'll leave it in the gold area on this map. I'm not adding another color for unloaded OC, and I want anyone who looks at the map who doesn't have a CCW to be able to know they can carry there. This map serves as a basic guide to look at when planning trips. You MUST research the individual states you are visiting to find out the specifics of their carry laws. I liken this to bar carry, car carry, and all the other differences. Study up before you get on the plane folks.