• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Warren Firearm Rights Picnic in Halmich Park May 15, 2010

mikestilly

imported post

Local gun rights enthusiasts, whom are members of various 2nd Amendment groups, will be hosting an firearm rights picnic in Halmich Park on May 15, 2010 from 12-4:00pm.

The purpose of this event is to educate the public about firearm rights within the State of Michigan. Members of Michigan Gun Owners, Michigan Coalition for Responsible Gun Owners, Shooters' Alliance for Firearm Rights, OpenCarry.org as well as the general public, are welcome to attend this family-friendly event, and enjoy a good picnic among friends, as well as an exciting gun awareness discussion from our local politicians running for Michigan office. Invited speakers are Mike Cox, Mike Bouchard, Stacey Mathia, Peter Hoekstra, Rick Snyder, Tom George, Geoffrey Fieger, Andy Dillon, Virg Bernero, Alma Wheeler Smith, Bill Schuette, Mike Bishop, Richard Bernstein, David Leyton, the US 12th district Mickey Switalski , Jason McClanahan, Sheriff Mark Hackel, Mayor Fouts, and Police Chief Dwyer.

Some members present may be openly carrying a firearm at the event. We welcome anyone who is interested in learning more about firearm ownership and the candidates running for office in Michigan to join. Information will be on-hand for anyone that wishes to learn more. Please bring a dish to pass and your own soft drinks and tableware.

Preceding the picnic is a bike ride through Warren to help promote the event. Participation is voluntary and people are encouraged to bring their family and friends. There will be two routes, one that is children/family friendly, and one that’s geared toward adults.

Where: Halmich Park, Between Dequindre & Ryan off of 13 Mile Rd, Warren, MI

When: May 15th, 2010

Bike Ride Starts & Ends at: Halmich Park

Bike Ride Time: 10:30 AM - Noon

Picnic & Event Time: Noon-4:00 PM

janjay48117@yahoo.com

mikestilly

imported post

Bike Ride Maps

Short Route:
ShorterRoute.png

Long Route:
AdvancedRoute.png

mikestilly

imported post

American Boy With a Gun wrote:
shouldnt this have just been added to your other thread? Or is there a point im just missing?....im NOT trying to sound like an @$$, simply curious is all

This is no longer only an OC event. Huge difference.

ghostrider

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
Any confirmed attendance from the invitees?

Also, really necessary to go out of your way to not mention MOC? :/
MOC has made it clear that they are not a part of this event. Mentioning them or not mentioning them could be taken either way, so it's a toss up.

He did include everyone by saying "as well as the general public". MOC distanced themselves from the original event, and it's probably best to not mention them in this thread OP to keep that distance. I don't see why it's such a deal that they aren't mentioned considering their stance on it.

mikestilly

imported post

This event is not about which organization is the best. It's about firearm rights awareness. Weather I mentioned everyone or not is irrelevant. EVERYONE IS WELCOME.

mikestilly

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
This event is not about which organization is the best. It's about firearm rights awareness. Weather I mentioned everyone or not is irrelevant. EVERYONE IS WELCOME.
I hope that in no way did I insinuate that MOC was "the best".  Maybe I'm reading into it too much, but as a member of MOC you went out of your way, in my opinion, to not mention them/us.  Which, yes is fine, it's your picnic after all.  It just seems that while everyone talks about cohesiveness and working together, the proof/intent, so to speak, is not in the pudding.

Mike Mike Mike please pm me or come on to Teamspeak to talk about this I'd rather not go back and forth over and over and ruin this thread.

lwout65

imported post

Awsome i live very close to this Halmich parks so i will be there @ 4 oclock.

No bike rideing here im recovering from spinal surgery so ill just be gimping along so my understanding is we can open carry at this eventif we like ? Not that im planning on it because im still on medication just wondering.

sprinklerguy28

imported post

lwout65 wrote:

No bike rideing here im recovering from spinal surgery so ill just be gimping along so my understanding is we can open carry at this event if we like ? Not that im planning on it because im still on medication just wondering.

Any form of legal carry or no carry at all are welcome. The picnic is about all firearm rights. Showing up to support is the most important part with or without a firearm.

mikestilly

imported post

lwout65 wrote:

No bike rideing here im recovering from spinal surgery so ill just be gimping along so my understanding is we can open carry at this event if we like ? Not that im planning on it because im still on medication just wondering.

FYI 4PM is when it's ending.. It begins at noon. Even though my family will not be leaving until everyone is gone (to clean up)