• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MO cops kill caged dog during botched raid

TechnoWeenie

imported post

So, anonymous complaint comes in accusing this guy of dealing drugs...

They serve a warrant, KILL a dog that's LOCKED IN A CAGE, then kill a CORGI that's running around...

1191990474pembroke_welsh_corgi.jpg

They find a pipe and what appears to be marijuana residue.....

So they charge him with that, and...

Get this..

'child endangerment'..

He smokes a bowl after work..... OMG!!!

But 10 armed goons killing harmless dogs and pointing automatic weapons at your family... Well that's just the gov't there to help!

So...

Shooting dogs in your house and pointing automatic weapons @ children = OK!
Smoking weed with kids in the same house = NOT OK!

Oh, if you can stomach it, here's the video from the raid....

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/RbwSwvUaRqc[/flash]

Aaron1124

imported post

As someone who is going through the police testing process, I am utterly disgusted at these distasteful display of unnecessary violence . If these officers fired at and killed the dogs in discussion, they should not only be stripped of their badges, but face criminal charges and a major civil lawsuit. Truly a disgrace to the community, to the police force, and to our country in general.

Aaron1124

imported post

SFCRetired wrote:
This is why I am dead set against the militarization of even a part of the police forces. Some, not all, but some of them seem to think that being on a SWAT team puts them not only above the law, but above basic human decency.

Bet their parents, wives, and girlfriends are real proud of them.
I know you said "some", but I truly do hope that you have at least encountered some noble officers sometime in your life. I have relatives who currently serve with the police force, both municipal and federal, and they would never let the negative actions of their peers influence their behavior on the job. They're all very noble and virtuous men who respect the rights of civilians. It utterly disgusts me that so many people power trip, and abuse their authority, to say the least.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

SFCRetired,

I would say MOST cops already feel they are above the law: How many times have you seen them not usingturn signals, going faster than the speed limitor failing to come to a completestop at a stop sign? Little things compared to the above, true, but it's still the principle in question.

They sure will ticket US for doing that, butsay something toTHEM about it andwe might end up getting arrested.

-- John D.

Aaron1124

imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
SFCRetired,

I would say MOST cops already feel they are above the law: How many times have you seen them not usingturn signals, going faster than the speed limitor failing to come to a completestop at a stop sign? Little things compared to the above, true, but it's still the principle in question.

They sure will ticket US for doing that, butsay something toTHEM about it andwe might end up getting arrested.

-- John D.
I, fortunately, have not dealt with many of those type of cops here in Washington. Almost every officer I've met has been a real considerate person. I know the jerks are there, but thankfully I haven't come across many of them.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

Good for Renton, WA. But in El Paso, TX, it's apparently SOP. And I've seen it here in Galveston, TX, too. I once DID talk to a cop who didn't use turn signals, but am actually afraid to do it again. :uhoh:

I don't think they have a sense of 'humor' when it comes to them violating traffic laws. ;)

-- John D.