• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCW Licensed and slightly open carry encounter

Makarov

imported post

This situation happen last night on the corner of Smithville and Linden Ave 10:45 PM.

Funny. I never thought I'd ever be in a situation where my CCW would come in handy. Last night, while driving home from my boyfriend's house, I had to stop and get gas. I've always been aware of my surroundings and choose areas that are well lit and visable. Just these factors alone didn't help last night. A car load of younger men pulled up to the pump across the way from where I was filling up. At first, just the driver got out. He noticed me and started making cat calls. That prompted the other guys to get out of the car and join in. At first, I just ignored them and slid around my car to get out of their sight. But when I noticed they were starting to head my way, I knew I had to be prepared. I only had a small tee on that quite visibly outlined my gun on my side. I turned so my weapon was most visible to them and stated that I had no interest in speaking with them. Okay. Maybe it wasn't that polite. But it was enough to get their attention and three of them got back into the car and the other two continued to say derogatory remarks to me but kept their distance. I cut off the gas early and left. But thank god I had my weapon cause in my heart of hearts I believe I wouldn't have been so lucky if I hadn't.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

And this is the heart of why I think women especially benefit from carrying a firearm, especially in the open. Those who might not be inclined to listen to a gals words of resistance will generally balk when they realize their aggression may cost them their life.

Thanks for sharing!

theqbn

imported post

Cool. My wife OCs relatively frequently... people really don't know how to respond to a short little lady with a .357 snubby.