• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Suprise I have a gun

LvstudentDoc

imported post

So in order to stay up late for my upcoming tests as I am trying to finish my first year of medical school, I left my condo with my 45 kimber on my hip. Knowing that the area isnt great I decided to open carry instead of CC so everyone would know not to even try. Well as i walked into the circle K a car pulled up with two thugs inside. AS i was inside getting my drink a female infront of me became the target of one ofthese thugs sexual comments and it was obvious they were up to no good. She ran out of the store as quickly as possible, but upon my exit one of the thugs inside the store that did no shopping walked out about 5 seconds after. At this point one was about 15 feet behind me and his other friend who was infront of me looked at me as said "sup" in a unfriendly way. I side stepped to the left turned my strongside where the 45 was located towards the guy and the look on his face and the immediate change in direction clearly stopped anything from happening.

I dont know if i was gonna get jacked or they just wanted to scare me or something. but the 5'7" white boy was not gonna be a victim tonight. If that isnt enough as i get into my truck a guy is walking down the street with a miners helmet with light on top and a chain saw...wtf seriously i was never so relieved to have a gun

flagellum

imported post

Woah, sounds like a scary trip. Glad you were carrying. a .45 on the hip is universal language for "Don't %$# with me." :D I think those guys got the message.

Trinitas

imported post

Yeah, I don't go to the crazy parts of Vegas until I have some protection with me, be it in the form of my carrying guy, or carrying myself. That'd still give me a heart attack though.

greengum

imported post

When a couple of guys who were up to no good, started making trouble in my neighborhood. I got in 1 little fight and my mom got scared. Said your moving with your auntie and uncle in bel air. I whistled for a cab....

uhg sorry been drinking. Glad everything turned out good.

Trinitas

imported post

LvstudentDoc wrote:
trop and boulder hwy is where this was...not horrible part of town, but def not the best.
Trop has never been my fave street. Just going to school on Trop/Eastern I was always on the alert going out to my car.

dchoepp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hehehe, I just love stories like this because it's not the story that "something happened", its all about the story of "something probably was prevented".

Even though nothing did happen and you have no proof that something was about to go down, it's just another statistic that OC is a crime deterrent and the fact that you were OCing and nothing happened is the whole point!

Good one!

VegasGlocKid

imported post

yea the circle k on trop and boulder next to those apartments is a known criminal drug spot. and that part of town is where the druggies and mental cases live...i work on flamingo and stephanie right off boulder. on my police ride along they say that circle k gets all the police attention. if youve never noticed. next time you drive by there. chances are there will be cops there.

LvstudentDoc

imported post

hillarious i always see cops "getting gas" there just drove past their on the way to walmart and what would you know police sitting in the parking lot. That entire area over there is crazy just bunch of apartments, old houses, some projects and the random people that go up and down boulder hwy. Now that you mention it i went in there one other time and was offered the hottest shit on the block some chronic i guess i dunno. Anyways note to self to stay away from there unless police are in the parking lot.

Nevada carrier

imported post

Boulder highway can be a scary place, especially as you get closer to downtown. I used to have a condo near Boulder and Sahara. There was also a Circle K nearby and they put anti theft alarm triggers on every single thing in the store, even a $0.25 5 pack of Juicy Fruit gum, That alone should tell you something.

LvstudentDoc

imported post

Its funny i was in line at walmart and a guy was sayin man they should have self checkout at this place the one on boulder and nellis...I was like dude over here self check out means SELF CHECKOUT RIGHT OUT THE DOOR. pretty sad but thats the way some segment of society is

omegadeity

imported post

Boulder highway can be a scary place, especially as you get closer to downtown. I used to have a condo near Boulder and Sahara. There was also a Circle K nearby and they put anti theft alarm triggers on every single thing in the store, even a $0.25 5 pack of Juicy Fruit gum, That alone should tell you something.

I live on Boulder Highway near Sahara(Miracle Mile park). It doesn't really seem that bad. Then again, the fact that I clean my AR15 and XD-40 on my front porch might have a deterrence factor.

Besides the occasional domestic violence call, the prostitutes being arrested every few nights, the home invasion ring the police just cracked, my car being broken into, and the police helicopter searches, you hardly ever see a cop here.

On second thought, I stand corrected, it is pretty bad. Now, having reevaluated my original stance, I suddenly feel like I may need to start carrying some more firepower. Maybe I'll pickup that SIG 228 I've been wanting. Then again, if the AR15 and XD-40 handgun doesn't deter them, maybe what I need is an M1A3 Abrams Tank. My buddy had it right with his bumper sticker. Drive defensively, buy a tank.

Seriously though, I've only been a situation where I felt my firearm might be needed once, and it was related to 3 pitbulls going after each other and some local geniuses who thought tapping them on the head with a broom would be a good way to separate them.

BowNArrow

imported post

I used to sell homes fora builder in that area, just to the south near Hacienda. That whole area is one tough place full of criminals. there is a major drug house that was busted several times less than a block from my model and I can't tell you the number of times they had more than 50 po po's in the area on a manhunt. You are a wise man foropen carrying over there. That area is the reason I started open carrying. Nobody likes white guys with shorn headsin thatbarrio.

LvstudentDoc

imported post

Yep, believe me if i could carry my AR-15 on my single point sling and not get contacted by the police for doin it, i would. this area isnt the worst in the world but you def. have to pay attention and your right the ghetto bird is always within a 3 mile radius of my condo...day in and day out. Recently drove down hacienda between nellis and hacienda and was lukcy enough to see the devil horns and a big MS 13 on a wall. Humm thats all cool just hope i see them coming...dont bring a machette to a long rifle fight.