Thread: ar15 build, please help

Post imported post

I know this isn't directly about open carry.
    But everyone has been such great help the last few years I've been reading this forum, I figured you guys would still be helpful.

I bought a lower, and a parts kit...
    But I have probably the weakest tool set, and no work bench or anything of the sort hahaha...

I tried as much as I felt comfortable with trying to put my lower receiver together but my tools and skills just are cutting it.

I was hoping maybe someone with experience and a little spare time on their hands in the Los Angeles/Long Beach could maybe help me peice this thing together.

Why is it so hard to find a gunsmith in this city?

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar

Post imported post

I put my first lower together while in the backseat of a minivan with just my knife. The only part I really couldn't finish is tightening the screw that holds the pistol grip. Here's a video of a lower assembly.

http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-bu...sembly-255593/

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

eraseallhope wrote:
    I know this isn't directly about open carry.
    But everyone has been such great help the last few years I've been reading this forum, I figured you guys would still be helpful.

I bought a lower, and a parts kit...
    But I have probably the weakest tool set, and no work bench or anything of the sort hahaha...

I tried as much as I felt comfortable with trying to put my lower receiver together but my tools and skills just are cutting it.

I was hoping maybe someone with experience and a little spare time on their hands in the Los Angeles/Long Beach could maybe help me peice this thing together.

Why is it so hard to find a gunsmith in this city?
    Faith Armory in Temecula is supposed to be holding a class soon on building AR's from the ground up. All details and tips are supposed to be taught in the workshop.

"Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Post imported post

With a knife?

ahhahha

I'm just having major trouble with the trigger guard pin and the botch catch pin

I don't have the right tools to get those damn things threw the hole, they are Tighter than my girlfriends vagina hahahaha

Sorry bought the vulgarity
    I'm just an a**hole

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar

Post imported post

If you have a pocket knife, just keep it closed and use the flat backside to shove the pins through. Maybe my bits and pieces fit together nicer though.

State Researcher

Post imported post

There's a much larger OLL audience over on www.CalGuns.Net - might have better chances of getting help over there.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I would help. . . but that would make both myself and you a criminal.

Post imported post

Ar15 builder baby. And you tube.
    "If squirt guns are outlawed, only outlaw squirts will have guns!"

James Taranto

Post imported post

I put mine together with plires, flathead screwdriver and a small allenwrench for the dentent spring on the pivot pin. Check ar15.com

Post imported post

I actually just finished mine earlier this week, i built my on my coffee table with a hammer and a flat head screw driver was going great till my forward detent and detent spring shot across the room and oh god was i mad but i got lucky and found the damn thing lol, its not hard if you just watch the youtube vids trust me its not as complicated as it looks.
    "Sooner or later we all must die. Warriors choose to do so on their feet, standing between their enemies and those they hold dear. With a weapon in their hands. Cowards choose to do so on their bellies. Unarmed."
    - Dave Gell (inspired by author David Weber)

"The tragic history of civilian disarmament cries a warning against any systematic attempts to render innocent citizens ill-equipped to defend themselves from tyrant terrorists, despots or oppressive majorities,"
    - Daniel Schmutter

Post imported post

Theseus wrote:
    I would help. . . but that would make both myself and you a criminal.
    How dare you touch an inanimate piece of aluminum! Off to the dungeon with you.
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

"Live Free or Die"

Post imported post

Its not as hard as it looks...
    Wait...it looks hard?

I'm razzing, but really a child can (as I have observed!) assemble a stripped AR lower. That being said, take it slow, there are plenty of resources that will tell you what each part is, and what it's function is in the gun, and the 'best' way to assemble it.

I find a punch to be helpful, but hit youtube, and watch the videos a couple of times, and have them rolling while your assembling. If you were in the central valley region you could hit me up some weekend and it could be a fun time for all.

Take care.

For your consumption, take your time, noone likes marring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA_Vkb2UB1w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq4KfUaVp8M