• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ar15 build, please help

eraseallhope

imported post

I know this isn't directly about open carry.
But everyone has been such great help the last few years I've been reading this forum, I figured you guys would still be helpful.

I bought a lower, and a parts kit...
But I have probably the weakest tool set, and no work bench or anything of the sort hahaha...

I tried as much as I felt comfortable with trying to put my lower receiver together but my tools and skills just are cutting it.

I was hoping maybe someone with experience and a little spare time on their hands in the Los Angeles/Long Beach could maybe help me peice this thing together.

Why is it so hard to find a gunsmith in this city?

coolusername2007

imported post

eraseallhope wrote:
I know this isn't directly about open carry.
But everyone has been such great help the last few years I've been reading this forum, I figured you guys would still be helpful.

I bought a lower, and a parts kit...
But I have probably the weakest tool set, and no work bench or anything of the sort hahaha...

I tried as much as I felt comfortable with trying to put my lower receiver together but my tools and skills just are cutting it.

I was hoping maybe someone with experience and a little spare time on their hands in the Los Angeles/Long Beach could maybe help me peice this thing together.

Why is it so hard to find a gunsmith in this city?

Faith Armory in Temecula is supposed to be holding a class soon on building AR's from the ground up. All details and tips are supposed to be taught in the workshop.

eraseallhope

imported post

With a knife?

ahhahha

I'm just having major trouble with the trigger guard pin and the botch catch pin

I don't have the right tools to get those damn things threw the hole, they are Tighter than my girlfriends vagina hahahaha

Sorry bought the vulgarity
I'm just an a**hole

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

If you have a pocket knife, just keep it closed and use the flat backside to shove the pins through. Maybe my bits and pieces fit together nicer though.

Chrisc411

imported post

I actually just finished mine earlier this week, i built my on my coffee table with a hammer and a flat head screw driver was going great till my forward detent and detent spring shot across the room and oh god was i mad but i got lucky and found the damn thing lol, its not hard if you just watch the youtube vids trust me its not as complicated as it looks.

wewd

imported post

Theseus wrote:
I would help. . . but that would make both myself and you a criminal.

How dare you touch an inanimate piece of aluminum! Off to the dungeon with you.

heliopolissolutions

imported post

Its not as hard as it looks...
Wait...it looks hard?

I'm razzing, but really a child can (as I have observed!) assemble a stripped AR lower. That being said, take it slow, there are plenty of resources that will tell you what each part is, and what it's function is in the gun, and the 'best' way to assemble it.

I find a punch to be helpful, but hit youtube, and watch the videos a couple of times, and have them rolling while your assembling. If you were in the central valley region you could hit me up some weekend and it could be a fun time for all.

Take care.

For your consumption, take your time, noone likes marring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA_Vkb2UB1w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq4KfUaVp8M