Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34

Thread: Deterred mugging... stolen cop cars...

  1. #1
    Regular Member Evil Creamsicle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Police State, USA
    Posts
    1,270

    Post imported post

    This is a monologue of an enchanting evening in Royal Oak Township:

    The evening started out as Michigander, CarrieTheBassist, and myself decided to take a nice walk down 8 mile at about 11:30.

    We walked through some lovely neighborhoods we had not seen before, despite having traveled the area many times before. As kids, we were told these were 'naughty zones'...

    Upon one corner, we were accosted by three gentlemen, dressed rather suspiciously, who I noticed after hearing Michigander flip his hood down.

    They started asking us if we had a phone, as their very suspicious looking friend looked on from the other side of the street.

    It was a very uncomfortable situation... but in the end they chose to move on.

    They chose wisely.

    We then walked back toward 8 mile to make the trip home. At this point, we saw two black crown victorias, brush guards, antennas, lights, big white numbers on the top of the car. All the trimmings, with Municipal plates to boot. They were being driven by adolecents wearing dark hoodies, no younger than 16, no older than 22, four in each car... driving side by side, blocking traffic, and shouting and laughing to each other through the windows as if they were having a gay old time.

    It was a heartwarming sight. I even called the local 911 operator to compliment the local PD for allowing those kids to have such an entertaining night.

    Upon finishing our trip home, we decided that you folks might appreciate the tale.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kent Co, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    398

    Post imported post

    Please tell me you are making this up....naw, it's better if it's true.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Evil Creamsicle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Police State, USA
    Posts
    1,270

    Post imported post

    I swear, this is one hundred percent true.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Davisburg, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    8,948

    Post imported post

    and folks still dont know why we want to carry?

    You know that look you get when yo sort of shake your head, look down a bit, get a slight grin and sigh? Yeah, I got that look now.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mulligan's Valley
    Posts
    4,830

    Post imported post

    sevenplusone wrote:
    Please tell me you are making this up....naw, it's better if it's true.
    It definitely happened.

    It's rather sad how screwed up the area is. There was an empty Sheriff's sub station, and the only cops we saw were actually kids who stole cop cars. A number of people we walked by audibly exclaimed statements of amazement over seeing 3 white people in the area. And it's a damn stones throw from Ferndale. It has always disgusted me that so many people are voluntarily willing to racially segregate themselves from other areas due to cultural pressure. :?
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

    The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Jblack44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Westland, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    291

    Post imported post

    Were you guys OCing when your new "friends" came up asking to use your phone???
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for." Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch

  7. #7
    Regular Member dougwg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,445

    Post imported post

    What do you think....

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Davisburg, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    8,948

    Post imported post

    obviously. Otherwise things would likely have turned out differently.



  9. #9
    Regular Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mulligan's Valley
    Posts
    4,830

    Post imported post

    Jblack44 wrote:
    Were you guys OCing when your new "friends" came up asking to use your phone???
    All 3 of us OC'd 100% of the walk.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

    The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Jblack44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Westland, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    291

    Post imported post

    Well I would "assume" they were...There wasn't any commentary about reactions, or what transpired, so I thought I'd ask

    I would like tohere if the "deterrant" aspect of OC came into play. :what:


    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for." Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch

  11. #11
    Regular Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mulligan's Valley
    Posts
    4,830

    Post imported post

    I would definitely say the deterrent thing came into play. They didn't notice we were armed until they'd approached us, and once they did they backed off fast.

    One other thing, Evil. On off road vehicles they often call them "brush guards". On American V8 kop cars they usually call them "push bumpers".
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

    The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    , Michigan, USA
    Posts
    8

    Post imported post

    When we were on 8 mile there was a man who was walking up pretty fast and he said "excuse me ..." like he was going to talk to us. He looked at me then Evil Creamsicle but when he looked at Michigander he started on the move again very, very fast.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Evil Creamsicle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Police State, USA
    Posts
    1,270

    Post imported post

    Michigander wrote:
    I would definitely say the deterrent thing came into play. They didn't notice we were armed until they'd approached us, and once they did they backed off fast.

    One other thing, Evil. On off road vehicles they often call them "brush guards". On American V8 kop cars they usually call them "push bumpers".
    ...well, I prefer off road vehicles

    And I'm sure up in the U.P. they even call them 'brush guards' on 'kop' cars :celebrate

  14. #14
    Regular Member Evil Creamsicle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Police State, USA
    Posts
    1,270

    Post imported post

    CarrieTheBassist wrote:
    When we were on 8 mile there was a man who was walking up pretty fast and he said "excuse me ..." like he was going to talk to us. He looked at me then Evil Creamsicle but when he looked at Michigander he started on the move again very, very fast.
    Yeah that guy was weird...

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    , Michigan, USA
    Posts
    8

    Post imported post

    Evil Creamsicle wrote:
    CarrieTheBassist wrote:
    When we were on 8 mile there was a man who was walking up pretty fast and he said "excuse me ..." like he was going to talk to us. He looked at me then Evil Creamsicle but when he looked at Michigander he started on the move again very, very fast.
    Yeah that guy was weird...
    It could have also been because Michigander was in his bad cowboy outfit.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Davisburg, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    8,948

    Post imported post

    Im sure those guys are still talking about you guys just like we are talking about them.

  17. #17
    Regular Member Evil Creamsicle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Police State, USA
    Posts
    1,270

    Post imported post

    stainless1911 wrote:
    Im sure those guys are still talking about you guys just like we are talking about them.
    ...so is the girl at the bus stop who exclaimed "daaaaaaaaaaaaamn! Did you SEE THAT?"

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    109

    Post imported post

    Evil Creamsicle wrote:
    And I'm sure up in the U.P. they even call them 'brush guards' on 'kop' cars :celebrate
    I love my push bumper... I can remember pushing 2 vans and 1 car with it off the top of my head.

    I think in the UP they use the moose guards.

  19. #19
    Regular Member Taurus850CIA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    , Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,071

    Post imported post

    CarrieTheBassist wrote:
    Evil Creamsicle wrote:
    CarrieTheBassist wrote:
    When we were on 8 mile there was a man who was walking up pretty fast and he said "excuse me ..." like he was going to talk to us. He looked at me then Evil Creamsicle but when he looked at Michigander he started on the move again very, very fast.
    Yeah that guy was weird...
    It could have also been because Michigander was in his bad cowboy outfit.
    I thought it would have been the killer look in his eyes...
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

    Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

    Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

    The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

    With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    667

    Post imported post

    craigm wrote:
    Evil Creamsicle wrote:
    And I'm sure up in the U.P. they even call them 'brush guards' on 'kop' cars :celebrate
    I love my push bumper... I can remember pushing 2 vans and 1 car with it off the top of my head.

    I think in the UP they use the moose guards.
    That had to hurt like CRAZY:what::shock:.springerdave.

  21. #21
    Regular Member lil_freak_66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mason, Michigan
    Posts
    1,811

    Post imported post

    Evil Creamsicle wrote:
    Michigander wrote:
    I would definitely say the deterrent thing came into play. They didn't notice we were armed until they'd approached us, and once they did they backed off fast.

    One other thing, Evil. On off road vehicles they often call them "brush guards". On American V8 kop cars they usually call them "push bumpers".
    ...well, I prefer off road vehicles

    And I'm sure up in da U.P. they even call them 'brush guards' on 'kop' cars :celebrate
    perhaps thats because da cops offroad da cop cars probably eh?
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.


  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Southwest Detroit, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    151

    Post imported post

    Michigander wrote:
    It definitely happened.

    It's rather sad how screwed up the area is. There was an empty Sheriff's sub station, and the only cops we saw were actually kids who stole cop cars. A number of people we walked by audibly exclaimed statements of amazement over seeing 3 white people in the area. And it's a damn stones throw from Ferndale. It has always disgusted me that so many people are voluntarily willing to racially segregate themselves from other areas due to cultural pressure. :?
    Wayne or Oakland Sheriff? I haven't seen an news yet about it. Has anyone?

  23. #23
    Regular Member LaVere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The remains of Flint, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    264

    Post imported post

    Pit Manuver Rack or Cow catchers like on trains




    The use of force is a last resort. One aspect of violence is that it is unpredictable. Although your initial intention may be to use limited force, once you have engaged in violence the consequences are unpredictable. Violence always brings about unexpected results and almost always provokes retaliation.

    Dalai Lama

    ************************************************** ********************

    http://www.generalnewsgroup.com/

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wixom, Michigan, , USA
    Posts
    18

    Post imported post

    Just out of curiosity is there a reason you went wandering through the ROT. Just seems like asking for trouble armed or not

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Clio, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    363

    Post imported post

    I think walking around unarmed, or CC, is asking for trouble. Why let bad places get worse. I'm not saying we should all be batman but we should deffinatley not be victims

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •