• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Deterred mugging... stolen cop cars...

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

This is a monologue of an enchanting evening in Royal Oak Township:

The evening started out as Michigander, CarrieTheBassist, and myself decided to take a nice walk down 8 mile at about 11:30.

We walked through some lovely neighborhoods we had not seen before, despite having traveled the area many times before. As kids, we were told these were 'naughty zones'...

Upon one corner, we were accosted by three gentlemen, dressed rather suspiciously, who I noticed after hearing Michigander flip his hood down.

They started asking us if we had a phone, as their very suspicious looking friend looked on from the other side of the street.

It was a very uncomfortable situation... but in the end they chose to move on.

They chose wisely.

We then walked back toward 8 mile to make the trip home. At this point, we saw two black crown victorias, brush guards, antennas, lights, big white numbers on the top of the car. All the trimmings, with Municipal plates to boot. They were being driven by adolecents wearing dark hoodies, no younger than 16, no older than 22, four in each car... driving side by side, blocking traffic, and shouting and laughing to each other through the windows as if they were having a gay old time.

It was a heartwarming sight. I even called the local 911 operator to compliment the local PD for allowing those kids to have such an entertaining night.

Upon finishing our trip home, we decided that you folks might appreciate the tale.

Michigander

imported post

sevenplusone wrote:
Please tell me you are making this up....naw, it's better if it's true.
It definitely happened.

It's rather sad how screwed up the area is. There was an empty Sheriff's sub station, and the only cops we saw were actually kids who stole cop cars. A number of people we walked by audibly exclaimed statements of amazement over seeing 3 white people in the area. And it's a damn stones throw from Ferndale. It has always disgusted me that so many people are voluntarily willing to racially segregate themselves from other areas due to cultural pressure. :?

Jblack44

imported post

Well I would "assume" they were...There wasn't any commentary about reactions, or what transpired, so I thought I'd ask :)

I would like tohere if the "deterrant" aspect of OC came into play. :what:

Michigander

imported post

I would definitely say the deterrent thing came into play. They didn't notice we were armed until they'd approached us, and once they did they backed off fast.

One other thing, Evil. On off road vehicles they often call them "brush guards". On American V8 kop cars they usually call them "push bumpers". ;)

CarrieTheBassist

imported post

When we were on 8 mile there was a man who was walking up pretty fast and he said "excuse me ..." like he was going to talk to us. He looked at me then Evil Creamsicle but when he looked at Michigander he started on the move again very, very fast.

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

Michigander wrote:
I would definitely say the deterrent thing came into play. They didn't notice we were armed until they'd approached us, and once they did they backed off fast.

One other thing, Evil. On off road vehicles they often call them "brush guards". On American V8 kop cars they usually call them "push bumpers". ;)
...well, I prefer off road vehicles :dude:

And I'm sure up in the U.P. they even call them 'brush guards' on 'kop' cars :celebrate

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

CarrieTheBassist wrote:
When we were on 8 mile there was a man who was walking up pretty fast and he said "excuse me ..." like he was going to talk to us. He looked at me then Evil Creamsicle but when he looked at Michigander he started on the move again very, very fast.
Yeah that guy was weird...

CarrieTheBassist

imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
CarrieTheBassist wrote:
It could have also been because Michigander was in his bad cowboy outfit. :cool:

craigm

imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
And I'm sure up in the U.P. they even call them 'brush guards' on 'kop' cars :celebrate

I love my push bumper... I can remember pushing 2 vans and 1 car with it off the top of my head.

I think in the UP they use the moose guards. :)

Taurus850CIA

imported post

CarrieTheBassist wrote:
Evil Creamsicle wrote:
CarrieTheBassist wrote:
It could have also been because Michigander was in his bad cowboy outfit. :cool:
I thought it would have been the killer look in his eyes...

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
imported post

craigm wrote:
Evil Creamsicle wrote:

I love my push bumper... I can remember pushing 2 vans and 1 car with it off the top of my head.

I think in the UP they use the moose guards. :)
That had to hurt like CRAZY:what::uhoh::shock:;).springerdave.